Quantcast Lenovo Y470 and Y570 Official Owners Thread - Page 14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 303 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lenovo Y470 and Y570 Official Owners Thread

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Lenovo Y470 Official Owners Thread

Anyone know if the motherboard supports SATA III? I am looking to put in an SSD so wanted to know if it will support SATA III SSDs.

Notebook Enthusiast

Alright Gentlemen,

Lenovo is trying to pull a fast one on me. They're saying they do not want to price match.

The reason they're stating is because I used Amazon Payments as my payment method instead of directly giving them my credit card #.

I think it's b.s., as I made the order via their web site.

I've called them and complained and spoke to a supervisor, but I'm not sure how far that's going to get me.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by sammino View Post
    Ended up pulling the trigger and ordering it yesterday fully loaded. the y570. Though its says "In Process" for status since yesterday. Not sure if thats normal lol.

Btw gio, even with google chrome translating, i cant figure out where it talks about temperatures lol
    Hey sammino, here:

http://www.notebook4game.com/web/468...??-????????/2/

there is pic in the bottom and an article talks about temps of y570 in idle and full load.

maybe you didnt see the page numbers at the end of the article before the comments section. the preview has 5 pages.

I think the temps of the y570 is great even in full load because it doesnt reach the 80 degrees celsius in the cores and the gpu.

Cannot wait to get my y570. any other reviews you found?

Notebook Consultant

Hey guys! I ended up going with a y570 i5 (second tier model) and actually just joined the forum for this thread! I decided to go wit the 570 over the 470 because I already have a portable netbook, and seeing as the bttery life is somewhat the same, more screen real estate, number pad ( I love my binds ) and better graphics sold me. In case you're wondering, I paid about $670 which came up about to $720 w/ tax. Hoping I got the best powerhorse for my buck...

I'm a little concerned about the driver issues, from what I can make from google translate some of them in thailand have had hanging issues? and v270.61 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | OEM Mobile - LaptopVideo2Go Forums would be the driver to upgrade to (along with those on lenovos support website?...)? I'm not sure. More information would be nice so that when we get it, we can hit all the problems at once.

I'm also a little concerned by the contradicting specs on the lenovo website... I guess I won't know what features are included with my notebook until I recieve it... 0 _ o. When you click on the spec sheet for y570 it gives you a y470 spec sheet, but with y570 specs, what are you doing lenovo?...

Additionally, does anybody who owns it(y570) have a benchmark for batterylife? I know the computer says 5.75 and someone experienced y470 got 5.5 (max), I'm estimating this brings the y570 to about 5h max? Would appreciate a test of the battery life. (wlan surfing, watching a movie, idle, max load, etc.)

One other question, how long do you think this laptop will stay current? I'm hoping to keep it for 3-4 years.

Thanks guys! I will post pictures and a text review when I receive mine.
    Last edited by shoeman6; 1st June 2011 at 07:56 AM.

Notebook Geek

Here's an unboxing video of the y570:

YouTube - ‪Lenovo Y570 First Impressions (English)‬‏

Notebook Geek

I'm kind of concerned for the Geforce 555m gt video card in the y570. It sees like although it's GDDR5 memory, it only has 96 pipelines as opposed to the Dell XPS' 555m gt which has GDDR3 memory, but 144 pipelines.

Which one do you guys this is better? How does the y570's geforce 555m gt compare to the hp dv6's ati radeon 6770's?

Notebook Consultant

If the laptop really stays this cool, and already has a decent >5 hour battery life I'm wondering if overclocking wouldnt be too heinous.

@flawless gpu alone wise the 555m is better than the 6770, barely. But 6770 out preforms in some areas, but barely. They're very similar. Which do you prefer, ATI or Nvidia?
    Last edited by shoeman6; 1st June 2011 at 11:33 AM.

Notebook Enthusiast

For those of you who are looking for another y570 review, here:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 [??????????] - Notebookspec

Its in thai so better use chrome to translate.

Hey, I am keen on getting a Y470. I haven't seen anyone talking about its bios options. So are there many features in the bios? For example, disable/enable cores or HT, ram timing/speed.

I also believe someone mentioned that Y570 has a fairly bright and good contrast screen, but hey, how about Y470, is it going to the same? would be good if someone know the technical detail of its brightness in cd/m2 or nits. Thanks

Notebook Guru

excited! Few more Days!!