Quantcast Hp dv7 fan is too loud!!!

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Hp dv7 fan is too loud!!!

Ok so I had the HP dv7 for about 1y now and overall it wasn't that bad if I could get over the freezing,blue screens, Radeon graphics card crashing, and the loud fan. So I want to know if there is any way I could make my laptop fan be less loud? Right now the thing is loud as hell and it's still hot I couldn't leave my hand on it for 5 seconds because it was so hot. What could I do about this?

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Hp dv7 fan is too loud!!!

Anyone gonna help me with this?

Notebook Deity

Have you checked to see if there isn't dust built up on the fan blower outlet? Also which model of dv7 of hp are you talking about a more complete model number helps to identify which model and problem associated with hp problem laptops?

And forgot to mention as well this is a international forum and not everyone can respond or reply like you want to have Customer Service at a snap of the finger so you need to understand that part this is a user forum and not a Company or Software developer forum that can respond that quickly back. Loud fan is a big indication of blocked vents or bad CPU or GPU not working properly and the thermal paste or pad is no longer effective cooling.
    Last edited by StormJumper; 25th June 2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: revise

Sone

There is no fan control for hp that i know of, even there is one, the e machine will cook if it slow down that fan.
    If you have problem with heat during light activity, you should clean the vent and maybe repaste the machine.
    Dell M6600 : DIY RGB LED IPS / i7-2670QM / K5000M / SM841 128GB / M5M 128GB / 2 Spinner / 24GB DDR3 1333 / Intel 7260 / Intel 6200. ll U2711 DIY LP173WF3(SL)(B1) B156HW01 v7
    HP DV6z DV6t Asus K53TA Lenovo T61 G530 Dell Vostro1500
    Docomo Prime SH-10C : Pink 3DASV 16MPCCD IPX5/IPX7

I'm wondering if the heat is coming from the CPU or the GPU. I have the DV7T-6000 model and mine is quiet as a whisper most of the time (basically neither of the fans are going).

For the GPU, I was bitmining with my Radeon graphics card which kicks the GPU fan on 100% during this time. However, I would underclock my GPU using "Sapphire TRIXX" along with "TechPowerUp GPU-Z" to monitor the heat, fan speed and voltage going to the GPU. There isn't much control we have with the voltage but I had found that I can underclock to, I believe it was, 600MHz and drop the voltage by .5 and it would stay.