Quantcast HP SimplePass Problems..

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    9

    Default HP SimplePass Problems..

    I a HP DV6t QE and I use the HP simple pass to store my website passwords and such but on a few websites its acting up. For example, Ill load up the page, HP Simplepass will ask me to sign in and I will using the scanner but when ever I refresh the page Ill still be signed it but HP SimplePass will keep asking me to sign in.

    So How can i fix this?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: HP SimplePass Problems..

    Yeah I uninstalled Simplepass because of stuff like this. Maybe it doesn't support Chrome correctly but I've had this problem as well as it just not putting in my credentials after scanning.

    Especially annoying when it doesn't work and you don't remember a password so you have to close it every single time you guess wrong. >.>

  3. #3
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: HP SimplePass Problems..

    Quote Originally Posted by dwalk1989 View Post
    Yeah I uninstalled Simplepass because of stuff like this. Maybe it doesn't support Chrome correctly but I've had this problem as well as it just not putting in my credentials after scanning.

    Especially annoying when it doesn't work and you don't remember a password so you have to close it every single time you guess wrong. >.>
    Alright, well how can I uninstall it and re install so i can basically start over?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: HP SimplePass Problems..

    Version 5.3, of HP SimplePass 2011, is supposed to correct compatibility issues with browsers other than IE. If you are using a Mozilla browser, are you using the most current available? My experience is that v5.1 is the most stable and problem-free. I use IE8 and for whatever reason, with SimplePass v5.3, it will not recognize many lgoin prompts. The link for v5.1 can be found on HP's support page for the Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO. v5.3 can be obtained by simply using the "check for updates" link within the help menu of any HP SimplePass 2011 version.

    If you are still experiencing issues even after your upgrade (if you even need to), then perhaps you may need to switch the management software altogether. Options, I am aware of include HP SimplePass (released by DigitalPersona not Authentec) and Authentec True Suite (which is essentially the same thing as SimplePass 2011, but hopefully more up-to-date). Be aware however, that DigitalPersona plans on shifting away from it's retail consumer software to focus more on enterprise-based solutions. If updates to it's software have not already stopped, it will do so soon. They have no plans currently, to provide support for updated browser versions. There are probably other biometric managment softwares out there that would work, however, I do not know off-hand of them.

    Authetec TrueSuite:
    for Home

    HP SimplePass (DigitalPersona):
    x86 - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53211.exe
    x64 - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53210.exe
    Last edited by Izagaia; 25th October 2011 at 12:22 AM.
    HP dv6tqe-6000 | i7-2820QM | Radeon HD 6770M 1G GDDR5 | 8GB DDR3 | 160GB SSD | Blu-ray writer & SuperMulti DVD burner | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

  5. #5
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: HP SimplePass Problems..

    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia View Post
    Version 5.3, of HP SimplePass 2011, is supposed to correct compatibility issues with browsers other than IE. If you are using a Mozilla browser, are you using the most current available? My experience is that v5.1 is the most stable and problem-free. I use IE8 and for whatever reason, with SimplePass v5.3, it will not recognize many lgoin prompts. The link for v5.1 can be found on HP's support page for the Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO. v5.3 can be obtained by simply using the "check for updates" link within the help menu of any HP SimplePass 2011 version.

    If you are still experiencing issues even after your upgrade (if you even need to), then perhaps you may need to switch the management software altogether. Options, I am aware of include HP SimplePass (released by DigitalPersona not Authentec) and Authentec True Suite (which is essentially the same thing as SimplePass 2011, but hopefully more up-to-date). Be aware however, that DigitalPersona plans on shifting away from it's retail consumer software to focus more on enterprise-based solutions. If updates to it's software have not already stopped, it will do so soon. They have no plans currently, to provide support for updated browser versions. There are probably other biometric managment softwares out there that would work, however, I do not know off-hand of them.

    Authetec TrueSuite:
    for Home

    HP SimplePass (DigitalPersona):
    x86 - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53211.exe
    x64 - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53210.exe
    Then just curious why the program memtions it is powered by AuthenTec
    This was on the about page:
    2007-2011 AuthenTec Incorporated. All rights reserved. This computer program is protected by copyright laws and treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or redistribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.

    BioLayer.dll - 5.3.0.273
    DataManager.dll - 5.3.0.273
    TokenMachine.dll - 5.3.0.273
    IEBHO.dll - 5.3.0.273
    Driver Version - 4.3.118.0

    This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/).
    This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young (eay@cryptsoft.com).
    | i7-2630QM | 6GB DDR3 | FHD 1920x1080 | ATI 6770m 1GB | 750GB 5.4k HDD | Blu-ray| Ralink 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 | 9-cell Battery | dv6t-6100

    DV6T 1080P Anti-Glare Display, DV6T 1080P Anti-Glare Display 2, DV6t 6100 CTO QE Manuals Reil's Touchpad
    HP DV6T Display Replacement Most stable 6770m Driver?
    Use: site:forum.notebookreview.com and what you want to search on google.

  6. #6
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: HP SimplePass Problems..

    Quote Originally Posted by lmanlo View Post
    Then just curious why the program memtions it is powered by AuthenTec
    This was on the about page:
    2007-2011 AuthenTec Incorporated. All rights reserved. This computer program is protected by copyright laws and treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or redistribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.

    BioLayer.dll - 5.3.0.273
    DataManager.dll - 5.3.0.273
    TokenMachine.dll - 5.3.0.273
    IEBHO.dll - 5.3.0.273
    Driver Version - 4.3.118.0

    This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/).
    This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young (eay@cryptsoft.com).
    Well... because it is.

    What is it that you are curious about, exactly? I listed two different suites. HP SimplePass is DigitalPersona Personal. HP SimplePass 2011 is Authentec TrueSuite. Not much to explain aside from that. There is an HP branded version as well as the vendor's original. If one does not work try another or look for a different solution.
    HP dv6tqe-6000 | i7-2820QM | Radeon HD 6770M 1G GDDR5 | 8GB DDR3 | 160GB SSD | Blu-ray writer & SuperMulti DVD burner | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: HP SimplePass Problems..

    The finger reader is a fraud and HP REALLY needs to address it. I went through this actually still going through this since February 2013. I had the Pavillion dv6. Same prob as all of yall. Sent that bad boy off TWICE yes TWICE for the same prob. Before sending it off each time i had to go through the motions of: reboot restart restore...remote access from HP twice...on the phone the first time for 3 hours 10 mins and 25 secs. Two hours the next time and an hour 30 min the last on the pavillion. Some people say its only the finger reader...but when u buy this model specifically for that feature you want that feature to work right? Ok i sent the pav dv6 off the third time and got it replaced wih an ENVY dv6 a lil nicer but overall the same. The reader outta the box didnt work and i was onthe phone again for another two hours remote desktop only for them to tell me i have to send the envy off now...in which i had 1 dang day. I got it back a few days ago (the envy) to the same avail. So now im about to talk yet again to my 4th Tech to see what is the next step...as if i dont know. The last Sevice rep i talked to had the audacity to ask "so what do you want from HP?" Really? I told him try this...After spending a grand on a notebook i want a grand worth of notebook to work...what do u want from Hp. So good luck to ALL on this fraudulent simple pass system. Fro the JV pavillion to the Varsity Envy still nada on the reader. Hp has had my pc in the past few months as much as if not MORE than i have. To top it all off not one time has the multibillion dollar company offered a brotha a mouse, a carrying case, software, hell a hand shake for all my trouble and time.

  8. #8
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: HP SimplePass Problems..

    Can someone who already have 53210.exe HP SimplePass (DigitalPersona):for windows 7 x64 already downloaded, upload it and share a link?

    Because the link for hp ftp server
    x64 - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53210.exe
    is returning error:
    "550/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53210.exe:No such file or directory."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1