Quantcast *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge* - Page 478

+ Reply to Thread
Page 478 of 699 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 6986
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

  1. #4771
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Quote Originally Posted by hypertek View Post
    uninstall catalyst, than go to device manager, and uninstall each display adapter, make sure you check uninstall software as well. Than if you like, can download driver sweeper, driver cleaner pro, and do a clean with ATI options to get every little bit out. Than you can install the Hp drivers or straight to 12.1a.

    On my system, I installed the HP drivers, than the 12.1a over it. Though some guys here reported they just did a install of 12.1a and was fine.

    Steam has Deadspace 1+2 for $9.99... I been playing that. I bought Fear3 a few days ago on sale as well, but I like deadspace.. It is a pretty cool game. Gameplay is pretty basic but the environment is awesome, think of Doom3+ the Aliens movies for me , where aliens take over a space ship and your all alone through most of it. Save 75% on Dead Space on Steam
    Alrighty thanks for the info I'll get on this. I have both deadspace 1+2 for console and it is the only game that has legitimately freaked me out, though I have yet to play Amnesia. I'm still looking forward to my new game + playthrough of deadspace 2 the next time I manage to dust it off...

  2. #4772
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Well did everything as described and it seems to be working pretty well. Went straight to 12.1a and my display seems to look a little different, but if i want it exactly how it was I can always install the hp drivers and 12.1a over em. Thanks for all the help guys. Might try to overclock my 6750m a bit later once I get this thing to run cooler.

  3. #4773
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Quote Originally Posted by HTWingNut View Post
    I don't understand how people can go back and forth between OSX and Windows. I mean I have a lifetime of programs in Windows that I'd have to reacquire for Mac if I used it.
    OSX now does some incredible virtualization of Windows and lets you keep most, if not all, of your programs. My buddy showed me all of this, and it's amazing, as well as amazingly fast.

  4. #4774
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Just got my new DV6z with dual graphics in and I am turning out to be the noob to end all noobs.

    Can't even figure out how to update my graphics card drivers.
    Does anyone have a link to a guide on getting the newest drivers for my laptop downloaded and installed?

    Currently AMD Vision Engine Control Center shows
    Driver 8.832
    Release Date 4 01 2011

  5. #4775
    Old School
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arcade
    Posts
    30,212
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent57 View Post
    OSX now does some incredible virtualization of Windows and lets you keep most, if not all, of your programs. My buddy showed me all of this, and it's amazing, as well as amazingly fast.
    Probably just as good as I can do in virtual box which I would NOT rely on for games or intense graphical programs.
    Last edited by HTWingNut; 15th January 2012 at 11:22 PM.

    WIN FREE INTEL 7260AC WIFI CARD! <-- CLICK ME!
    Latest Reviews: Aorus X7 | Sager: NP7338 W230SS 860m | NP9377 P375SM 880m SLI | NP8268 P150SM-A 880m | other Clevo : Other Reviews
    Sager NP7338 'Serenity': 13.3" 1080p IPS Matte - i7-4810MQ - GTX 860m - 16GB 1866 - 256GB Plextor M5M + 960GB M500 - Intel 7260 802.11AC - Win 8.1
    Stuff: Vaio Pro 11 i5/1080p/4GB/128GB, LG G2, Acer V5-122p, WHS 2011, Desktop SFF i5-3570k/GTX670

  6. #4776
    Notebook Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,782
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Quote Originally Posted by avejoe View Post
    Just got my new DV6z with dual graphics in and I am turning out to be the noob to end all noobs.

    Can't even figure out how to update my graphics card drivers.
    Does anyone have a link to a guide on getting the newest drivers for my laptop downloaded and installed?

    Currently AMD Vision Engine Control Center shows
    Driver 8.832
    Release Date 4 01 2011
    The Overclocker's first duty on these machines is ocing your CPU. The GPU and drivers for it aren't a huge issue, but it is nice to have the latest one. The latest 12.1 or 12.1a drivers should just install right over the HP stock drivers no problem and just work.

    Get K10stat and look for some of the stable overclocking profiles folks have posted nearer to the beginning of the thread. With a conservative setup you should be able to run 2.2 or 2.3GHz with no heat or crashing problems.
    Current primary work machine: Asus N56DP
    Current play machine: Asus N56VZ
    Current backup portable: Acer C7 Chromebook running Chrubuntu / Acer Aspire One AO722 C50 w 9cell battery
    Past machines: Toshiba T4700, Lenovo T-42, Lenovo SL-400, Lenovo S10 w 9 cell battery, Toshiba T235D Acer 4820TG w ATI 5650M, Sony VAIO SA

  7. #4777
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Quote Originally Posted by HTWingNut View Post
    Probably just as good as I can do in virtual box which I would NOT rely on for games or intense graphical programs.
    You just guessed my words
    AMD A6-3410MX = p0 3 GHz b0 3.2 GHz [K10STAT (Evercool SB-F2) 81 30 min prime 95]
    AMD Radeon 6750m = 770 Core 970 Mem
    German DV6-6110sg
    Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x 4gb @ 1600 PCSX2 r5128 GGAC+ @ 60 FPS)
    1080p LP156WF1-TLB2
    Samsung 830 128 GB SSD, HDD MK5061GSYN in DVD tray.

    Cyborg R.A.T 5 / Corsair K90 Kb / Dualshock 3
    Creative X-Fi using SPDIF, CDX-GT350MP, JBL GTO328, Logitech S220 (Subwoofer)

    Former: Inspiron 1501 (Turion TL-58, 4gb Ram, ATi xpress 1150)
    -Suigintou Fan Forever.

  8. #4778
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Hi need some help.
    I may go to canada for a few weeks.
    So far , I could find these models that seem to be reasonably priced.Sadly no trinity yet.

    700$ - they just increased it by 50
    HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop featuring AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M - Black : 15" Laptops - Best Buy Canada

    630$ same model
    Buy the HP Pavilion dv6-6128ca 15.6 Notebook PC at TigerDirect.ca

    refurbished better proc
    Newegg.ca - Recertified: HP Pavilion dv6-6124ca Refurbished Notebook AMD A-Series A8-3530MX(1.9GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi

    Questions
    1. Do you see any other good deals? I will only be there for couple of weeks so i prefer
    a store instead of online but so far got only 1 model.Rest are 800$+
    I guess i can order with fastest shipping if its a lot cheaper.
    How good or bad is newegg / tigerdirect canada shipping? How long do they take?
    I will be at Brampton Ontario. Will they charge custom duty?

    2. How much worse would crossfire be with A6?
    @rmacgowa I see you have 6124 with A8. Was crossfire usable for atleast
    some games with A6 and is A8 noticeably better? They are both labeled 6755G2.

    3. Does Best Buy price match with tiger direct?

    TIA

    Edit : Also plan to get an SSD if its close to 1$/GB without MIR. There is a Sandisk Ultra Sata 2 G25 for around that that seems to have good reviews in newegg. Any opinion? I am a SSD noob so any opinon will be welcome
    Dont wont to spend too much and dont need the fastest one.Just reliable and good performance for money.
    Need atleast 80-90 gigs though to have both windows and linux with a few games and most programs.
    Sandisk can be RMA'ed from India too i think so thats a plus.
    Last edited by MachuPicchu; 16th January 2012 at 09:38 AM.

  9. #4779
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Quote Originally Posted by MachuPicchu View Post
    Hi need some help.
    I may go to canada for a few weeks.
    So far , I could find these models that seem to be reasonably priced.Sadly no trinity yet.

    700$ - they just increased it by 50
    HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop featuring AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M - Black : 15" Laptops - Best Buy Canada

    630$ same model
    Buy the HP Pavilion dv6-6128ca 15.6 Notebook PC at TigerDirect.ca

    refurbished better proc
    Newegg.ca - Recertified: HP Pavilion dv6-6124ca Refurbished Notebook AMD A-Series A8-3530MX(1.9GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi

    Questions
    1. Do you see any other good deals? I will only be there for couple of weeks so i prefer
    a store instead of online but so far got only 1 model.Rest are 800$+
    I guess i can order with fastest shipping if its a lot cheaper.
    How good or bad is newegg / tigerdirect canada shipping? How long do they take?
    I will be at Brampton Ontario. Will they charge custom duty?

    2. How much worse would crossfire be with A6?
    @rmacgowa I see you have 6124 with A8. Was crossfire usable for atleast
    some games with A6 and is A8 noticeably better? They are both labeled 6755G2.

    3. Does Best Buy price match with tiger direct?

    TIA

    Edit : Also plan to get an SSD if its close to 1$/GB without MIR. There is a Sandisk Ultra Sata 2 G25 for around that that seems to have good reviews in newegg. Any opinion? I am a SSD noob so any opinon will be welcome
    Dont wont to spend too much and dont need the fastest one.Just reliable and good performance for money.
    Need atleast 80-90 gigs though to have both windows and linux with a few games and most programs.
    Sandisk can be RMA'ed from India too i think so thats a plus.
    In terms of deals in Canada, you really aren't going to get much better than those. If there is a possibility of going to the USA you are likely to find better deals. Also the US models now sell with the 7690m as an option, but no one is too sure how well it compares the the 6750m. (It should be pretty close)

    Crossfire can be tricky. It helps some games and hinders others. Personally I turn it off as performance off of an overclocked 6750m is more than enough. Just make sure you are running the latest drivers.

    In terms of A6 vs A8. Go with the A8 if you can. It has the 6620g as the integrated graphics processor as opposed to the 6520g in the A6, so the A8s will have better performance if crossfire is applicable and will perform better on tasks involving the integrated gpu.

    In terms of price matching, you would need to be able to show that tiger direct has :
    1) The exact same model of laptop at a lower price
    2) Stock for that model
    Then if those are met, they should try to beat the price by a bit (around 6% if i remember correctly)

    In terms of SSD, a lot of us here have had success with many different brands. Just try to find one that fits within your budget and you will be happy.
    HP-DV6Z-6124CA
    AMD A8-3530mx @ 2.86ghz, 6750m @ 800/1000

  10. #4780
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: *HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

    Quote Originally Posted by rmacgowa View Post
    In terms of deals in Canada, you really aren't going to get much better than those. If there is a possibility of going to the USA you are likely to find better deals. Also the US models now sell with the 7690m as an option, but no one is too sure how well it compares the the 6750m. (It should be pretty close)

    Crossfire can be tricky. It helps some games and hinders others. Personally I turn it off as performance off of an overclocked 6750m is more than enough. Just make sure you are running the latest drivers.

    In terms of A6 vs A8. Go with the A8 if you can. It has the 6620g as the integrated graphics processor as opposed to the 6520g in the A6, so the A8s will have better performance if crossfire is applicable and will perform better on tasks involving the integrated gpu.

    In terms of price matching, you would need to be able to show that tiger direct has :
    1) The exact same model of laptop at a lower price
    2) Stock for that model
    Then if those are met, they should try to beat the price by a bit (around 6% if i remember correctly)

    In terms of SSD, a lot of us here have had success with many different brands. Just try to find one that fits within your budget and you will be happy.
    I would ask you what you are planning on playing, and whether you can wait about sixty days. Trust me, Trinity lappies are going to seriously trash the best of the A-8 Llano's..AND, it is *possible* that they are, at least initially, going to cost less...amd has a lot of design wins, pretty much every major brand is going to have not just one, but several units based on the new chips and the laptops are *at the moment* going to be the first out of the blocks.

    I really wish I could say more, but guys, really, I'm selling some of my other laptops, going to keep my dv6z as a backup, but I have to tell you, if there is something you want to do, ANYTHING you want to do, that you won't be able to do on a new trin laptop?...well what you are really going to want is a seriously high end desktop, or a mini..

    Trinity really is that good. Even the low power (17watt) "Ultrathins" are nothing short of shockingly good.

    Oh, one last comment, if you do decide to spring for a new trin lappie, get the best config you can afford, cause this thing is going to be with you for a very very long time. Keep your eyes on the market, the mfg's cannot WAIT to get these things out, but amd is determined to hit the market all together, with tons of inventory ready to fly out the door. They are betting the farm on this thing, and, both I and the market think its a good bet.
    seer
    Seer's Laws:
    Number 1: FLY THE PLANE!!!
    Number 2: When someone says "IT CAN'T BE DONE", what they really mean is that THEY can't do it..
    Number 3: If you Can't lead, and Won't follow, then get the hell out of the way!
    Number 4: Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night ONLY because somewhere, *rough men* stand ready to visit violence upon those who would do them harm. (para. G.Orwell)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1