Quantcast Gaming - dv6tqe/dv7tqe - Page 15

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Gaming - dv6tqe/dv7tqe

there's a lot more things connected to the motherboard that had to be disconnected to flip it for the repaste. the good thing is that you don't have to remove the screen to repaste though.
    HP dv6t | i7-2630QM / ATI Radeon HD 6770M / 6GB DDR3 / 240gb OCZ Agility II

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Winkyeye View Post
    there's a lot more things connected to the motherboard that had to be disconnected to flip it for the repaste. the good thing is that you don't have to remove the screen to repaste though.
    I don't know about the dv6, but the removal instructions for the cooling apparatus on the dv7 can be summed up as:

1. Disassemble computer completely.
    2. Remove motherboard.
    3. Remove cooler from motherboard.

Notebook Enthusiast

Could you please post your CPU and GPU temps when playing GTA IV and check for possible throttling?

I'm planning on buying a new notebook, the dv6 or the m14-x, depending on how good the cooling is.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    I don't know about the dv6, but the removal instructions for the cooling apparatus on the dv7 can be summed up as:

1. Disassemble computer completely.
    2. Remove motherboard.
    3. Remove cooler from motherboard.
    yea you basically had to disassemble everything to access the heatsink

first go at it took me like 3 hours to take it apart and put back together. the 2nd time around only took me like 40 min.

here's a picture for those interested

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Winkyeye View Post
    yea you basically had to disassemble everything to access the heatsink

first go at it took me like 3 hours to take it apart and put back together. the 2nd time around only took me like 40 min.

here's a picture for those interested
    1 more question: What paste did you use? haha
    Current: HP dv6t Quad Edition Intel Quad Core i7-2820QM (2.3 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) 1GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6770M 6GB DDR3 System Memory 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN

Notebook Consultant

I used IC-diamond. I dunno if I heated it up enough before applying since it was really hard to squeeze what was left out of the tube.

Notebook Guru

hi guys, new here

waiting on my laptop DV7qe. delayed to May 2nd :S

ive got the following games readying to go as soon as i get it

Crysis
    Spider man shattered dimensions
    Assassins creed 2 brotherhood

anyone try these games yet on the 6770m yet? thanks

Notebook Guru

one more thing. i have an Xbox360 and PS3, anyone get their respective controllers working on their laptop??

ive heard you can, if so please share your vast knowledge

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by saladin416 View Post
    one more thing. i have an Xbox360 and PS3, anyone get their respective controllers working on their laptop??

ive heard you can, if so please share your vast knowledge
    You can use both. Here's how:

For Xbox 360 (Wired):
    You can use any wired Xbox 360 controller, install driver from Microsoft (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Microsoft Hardware. This is the easiest thing to do if you have a wired controller. Keep in mind games have to support controllers...

For Xbox 360 (Wireless):
    You can buy a wireless receiver for PC to connect Wireless Controllers. It probably comes packaged with this one: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows | Microsoft Hardware. Or you can search for one online (used at ebay). Since Microsoft has controller drivers it is pretty simple. But probably most expensive and games have to support it...

PS3 controller (Wireless/Wired solution):
    This is the cheapest in your case (if you don't have wired 360 controller). Download the MotionJoy driver for PS3 controller: MotioninJoy | Playstation 3|Xbox 360|Dualshock 3|Sixaxis|Game|Driver|
    If you have Bluetooth built in (or if you have a USB Bluetooth dongle), you can play wirelessly! It is great. If you don't you can get it to work with the USB cable used to connect to PS3. MotionJoy's website has plenty of tutorials and you can also check out Youtube how to's.
    The very cool thing about MotionJoy is that it can emulate the 360 controller for Windows Live games and others and this works really well. But the games have to support it...

Now I have used the 360 wired controller in the past with Halo 1. Not a very great experience as on the Xbox, but it was playable. Recently I played GTA IV with the PS3 controller (via MotionJoy) and in order to do this had tell MotionJoy to emulate the 360 controller. Once you do it, it's very simple. And it worked PERFECTLY! And you can use the SixAxis functions too, but I didn't really use them.

I really hope this helps! And by the way, for games that don't support controllers, it is possible (has to be, right ?) to download programs or utilities that will allow you to use joysticks and controllers for Keyboard/Mouse input, however, I have never tried to do that mostly because unless a game supports controllers, it is not going to work well, and also I don't think it's worth finding a decent, malware, virusfree software to do this as well as worth putting bloatware on your PC.

Please Rep if this helped!

Notebook Guru

wow, thanks bro, *rep'ed*