Quantcast dv7 simplepass software after reinstall?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default dv7 simplepass software after reinstall?

Anyone know how I can get the fingerprint reader working, or download the simplepass software from hp? I reinstalled with a newer version of windows and don't have the software, it's not on hp site either.

dv7-4080us

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: dv7 simplepass software after reinstall?

I tried the simplepass install from the FTP link here > http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-d...-17-intel.html

It installs ok with no errors, but when I run the program it errors when it tries to start simplepass and says to reinstall or reboot.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by jlrosine; 24th June 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Notebook Consultant

Default One unknown device in device manager, fingerprint reader not working DV7-4080us

Does anyone know where I could get the driver (not simplepass software) for the dv7-4080us fingerprint reader? Or can someone post the brand/hardware info from device manager so I can go find it? It's not working, and it seems there is one unknown device in device manager. I'm guessing it's the reader.

NBR Macro-Mod®

Brand new, secondhand.

Dividing by zero since 1971.

Notebook Consultant

I tried that one out, seems like I'm getting the same issue. Windows device manager sees the hardware as biometric device / validity sensor, it detects it as a 301 version. I tried reinstalling simplepass, it still fails when I try to run it.

It looks like the sensor is installed and working but the simplepass software is not working properly...

Notebook Enthusiast

I had the same problem with Simple Pass on my DV6t...

I installed Digital Persona Personal and everything's working fine. Found in this thread:
    Digital Persona Fingerprint software

Notebook Consultant

Thanks Galactic I'll try that next

It seems you probably have this sorted out already, and it won't be of much help the the original poster anyway. But, I found this page while preparing to do a fresh windows install on my new Dv6. So, I thought I'd comment so others might find this in their google search and avoid any headaches.

Anyway, before you reformat your HDD on your new HP laptop, there is a folder in the C drive named SwSetup. It should contain installer packages for all of the pre-installed software. I found the simple pass software in a folder named "DPFPR" and if you like the QuickWeb software, like myself, it can be found in a folder named "HPQWMM". Back these up before your reformat and you should be golden.

PS It also includes backups of all the drivers.