Quantcast HP Spectre 13T-3000

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 232 123451151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: HP Spectre 13T-3000

Notebook Enthusiast

Default HP Spectre 13T-3000

I'm surprised that I couldn't find any mention of the HP Spectre 13T-3000 anywhere on these forums. Seems like a pretty solid machine that can be configured for about $1300 with i7-4500U, 8GB, 256GB SSD. Am I missing something? Just no interest?

HP Spectre 13t-3000 Ultrabook (ENERGY STAR) | HP® Official Store

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: HP Spectre 13T-3000

Hi! First time poster, long time lurker of this site.

I actually ordered mine on Thursday...haven't bought a laptop without checking reviews before so I hope it works out.. I saw the preview for this one back in September and was considering the Sony Vaio Pro 13, Yoga Pro 2, Asus UX301LA and the upcoming Haswell refresh of the Dell XPS13.

For me, I just wound up loving this design and the HP Control Zone touch pad as I don't want to swipe the screen much. Coming from an Asus right now, I was leaning toward the UX301LA but I know it's going to be closer to $1800. It looks like the XPS 13 won't have an sd slot which is mandatory for me and honestly, I'm just not into the Lenovo. It's cheap and looks alright though, sounds like there's a major issue with the display colors.

Anyway, there is at least some interest in the HP Spectre 13. Interestingly, the very first day it was listed online there was an option for a 2560 x 1440 panel for an extra $60, now it's only 1920 x 1080. That didn't affect my decision though as that wasn't important to me

Notebook Enthusiast

It sounds like we are in similar boats. Your short list is pretty close to mine.

I would have pulled the trigger on the Yoga Pro 2 a couple days ago when I saw it at Best Buy if it were not for the horrible display colors on the display unit (yellow=dirty green, reds=orange).

I have an older Studio 15 that is being replaced and I have been leaning towards the new XPS13. This is the first that I have heard about a lack of a SD slot. That's a deal killer for me too. I'm glad you said something, because I would have just assumed it was included.

The UX301LA looks great, but it's going to be about $500 more than the XPS13 or this 13T-3000. The Sony Flip 13 is also interesting but the poor reviews on the Vaio Pro make me skeptical.

If the 2560 x 1440 option was available now, I would pull the trigger on this immediately. I'd love just a little more screen real estate mainly for viewing big Excel workbooks.

I'd love to hear your thoughts once it has been delivered.

Notebook Guru

Here's my story. I seen this on HP website on the 9/16 late at night. I never know or read about that model until 9/16. When I on HP website, Immediately started to build out the configuration and I maxed it out. At that time, they had the QHD 2550x1440 screen, which was important (I was going to hold out for the Ausus

Here's my story. I seen this on HP website on the 9/16 late at night. I never knew, heard or read about this model until 9/16. When I went on HP's website, I immediately started to build out the configuration and I maxed it out. At that time, they had the QHD 2550x1440 screen option, which was important (I was going to hold out for the Ausus UX301). So I max out my configuration and added to my cart. But I wanted to think about it and do more resaech before I finailized my order. So I tried to look for some reviews but there wasn't many, So after two hours of trying to find some reviews I just closed my laptop (while my max 13t-3000 was still in my cart) and went to sleep to think about it over night.

The next morning, I said I am going to pull the trigger, so I when through the configuration once again (forgetting that I have a saved cart) and to my surprise the QHD 2550x1440 option wasn't there, only the 1920x1080; I was upset and wasn't going to order it. Just when I was about to leave the page, I looked to my right and I seen that I have an item that was in the saved cart, so I looked in my cart it was the max out 13t-3000 that I configured the night before, with the 2550x1440 option; Immediately finalized my order. So my order is currently in production and is due to ship on 11/4, so I am pretty happy. I hope it feels and looks as good as the Asus UX31A the new UX301. Below is my Spectre 13T-3000 configuration:

• Windows 8.1 Pro 64
    • 4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U(1.8GHz,4MB L3 Cache)+ Intel(R) HD Graphics(For 8GB Memory)
    • 13.3-inch diagonal Vivid QHD Infinity LED-backlit Display (2560x1440) Touchscreen
    • Onboard 8GB DDR3 System Memory
    • 256GB SSD
    • No Additional Office Software
    • Security Software Trial
    • 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
    • No Internal DVD or CD Drive
    • Backlit Keyboard
    • Webcam and Microphone
    • 802.11 AC WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
    • USB Ethernet Adapter

This looks like a potentially great laptop at the price. Hard to believe that there are no reviews of it out there.

Notebook Enthusiast

Yes, I will definitely report when it's delivered. Not sure why this one is so elusive online. I've been a little uneasy with buying my first HP(I've heard good thing about the Elitebooks at least), but this really does look like a high quality ultrabook. I've read up quite a bit about this and everyone who's handled one said it felt like a high quality premium design.

I still think they'll bring back the 2560x1440 panel though. I'm betting there's a supply issue and they just want to get these out the door now.

Also, don't forget to use SVD8492 to get 5% if you order. Sadly, this turned out to be a better discount than my employee purchase program price! Either way, for a loaded ultrabook, ~$1300 is a great price.

Notebook Enthusiast

I made a late night impulse buy on the Spectre 13T-3000 and was immediately surprised that HP has no mention of this model in their (at least North American) support site.
    Usually I like to see what hardware vendors (drivers) are included on a particular model, and this surprised me, usually that isn't a great sign of anything as HP loves to meld models together, especially as it pertains to the hardware within each model.

This was a complete impulse buy, as I am fortunate to have several other excellent pieces of hardware in my collection. I am looking to replacing my 2009 11" mac air with this as my daily carry unit; i doubt it will replace my HP EliteBook 2530p in terms of utility and function, without an NIC that would be a tall order. I also have several Compaq NC62XX's I cannot seem to part ways with, all because of those excellent serial ports! Those are the only lappy's I currently have charged and operational, I have several stacks of classics that I cannot part ways with either... I only throw the garbage away!

I liked the copper color, honestly its a great idea.
    I liked the SD slot, that is simply a requirement on a low volume storage ultralight.
    I liked the 'idea' of the touch screen, but i do not believe that i will use it much.
    I liked the 'idea' of the huge touchpad, but i honestly hope the 'untested' 'revolutionary' 'new' thing doesn't suck.

I fear the PWR adapter might be somewhat a PITA, as this amazon listing states, most all of HP has no clue what model works with these Spectre laptops.
    I fear that this model may bring with it the BAD OMEN of a high failure rate; as one of my clients with a medium sized fleet of 14" Spectre's have had a very high failure rate.
    The failures I mention were mostly ALL related to SSD with no correlation as to a particular size; merely failures. Despite having this knowledge I still bought one!

I am excited, and I am glad I found a niche with others who also took the plunge!

Let us know if anyone finds the HP Driver page, I will attempt to find those as soon as I get the unit.

My intentions are to reformat and re-install as soon as i open it. in fact, I will re-install several dozen times, as that is mostly all I do....

thanks for your time.
    hack6500

Notebook Guru

Here is a pretty good video of the HP Spectre 13, it is the best view of the laptop I've seen since I've been doing my research. HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook with WQXGA screen and Intel "Haswell" hands on - YouTube

Also, Did anyone else luck out and get the QHD 2550x1440 Display option before they took it down?

This laptop has a lot of potential, and like everyone else on this forum, I generally do tons of research before I bite the bullet. I only pulled the trigger because I the opportunity to get the QHD option. At worst case scenario, I have 21 days to return if it is half-baked.

Lots of luck to all early purchasers!

Notebook Enthusiast

Another Video Review of what I believe to be the 13t-3000 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VuDqOlbu_4

unfortunately i did not get the 2550x1440, i wonder if it was a mistake, as your video indicates that the US market will get the lower resolution model. I think the real question is... did that upgrade actually cost anything, or was it simply a configuration mistake in the config listing. shipping will soon send it your way to be inspected! good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mcsey2k1 View Post
    Here is a pretty good video of the HP Spectre 13, it is the best view of the laptop I've seen since I've been doing my research. HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook with WQXGA screen and Intel "Haswell" hands on - YouTube

Also, Did anyone else luck out and get the QHD 2550x1440 Display option before they took it down?

This laptop has a lot of potential, and like everyone else on this forum, I generally do tons of research before I bite the bullet. I only pulled the trigger because I the opportunity to get the QHD option. At worst case scenario, I have 21 days to return if it is half-baked.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsey2k1 View Post

Also, Did anyone else luck out and get the QHD 2560x1440 Display option before they took it down?

I purchased the ultrabook on day 1 from HP. I have been waiting for the new HP Spectre Ultrabooks all summer long! When the tech blogs announced this Ultrabook in September, a couple of them stated it would be available October 16th so I marked my calendar and ordered the first night :-)

I'm kind of disappointed I'm not seeing a lot of 14" ultrabooks. HP came out with a Spectre last year and put a 14" screen inside a 13.3" chassis and it is really nice! Oh well, 13.3" will have to do for me :-)

I too went to look at the specs on HP's website like a day later and noticed the QHD 2550x1440 screen has been removed. I started getting worried and was thinking "HP better not send me the default screen!"

So do you guys think think this was a mistake on HP's part? Maybe supply issue? In 1 of the YouTube videos, it said the U.S. was going to only be getting the 1920x1080 screen. So maybe this was a mistake on HP's part to post it on the website?

My ultrabook is expected to ship 11/1.

Oh, and if you guys call HP directly, they can get you a better deal than that 5% coupon posted above by someone :-) I was able to get a total of $125 off.

Page 1 of 232 123451151101 ... LastLast