Quantcast Where to get latest drivers ATI 5650 graphics driver for Envy 14? - Page 5

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Where to get latest drivers ATI 5650 graphics driver for Envy 14?

Quote Originally Posted by aznanarchy99 View Post
    Sticking with 10.12. My brightness keys might not work but I can sacrifice that for 5 months of advances..
    Where did you get that version, I believe I have 10.8.

Notebook Enthusiast

Anyone tried to install the 11.2 drivers? whenever I tried it says I can't

Notebook Geek

I installed them just fine. Are you downloading the 64mb file or w/e it is? or just the 1mb exe? i downloaded with the 64mb file. Granted; I had to run the install twice, since the first time it didnt apply or something.

Notebook Geek

Can I install over the moded 11.1 drivers from gurud 3d? And do I download from the Amd site? aslo do your brightness controls work with 11.2.

Notebook Geek

Omg this is friggin annoying as anything. I uninstall the drivers, says restart. If I load up into safemode and run CCleaner and Driver Sweeper, and then restart and try and get back into normal mode, I have no display. I hear the windows loading noise and can enter my password and eventually shut down.

I can get back into safe mode and the display works again.

To get normal mode to work I can force it to system restore back before I uninstalled the original drivers. Even uninstalling and reinstalling the newer drivers from earlier in this topic doesn't update to the correct version.

I then tried simply uninstalling CCC and all that jazz and booting up into normal mode and installing the HP drivers and then attempting to install the modified drivers over it to get all the latest ATI updates, but as soon as I install the HP updates, I lose the display (it goes completely black) and have to hit enter a couple times to confirm to restart, and bring me back to the normal mode.

Somehow the drivers are back to the original versions from my first version that came with the computer, and I'm unable to install the modded drivers as I get a message in a internet explorer box saying

"-UI
    02/22/11 22:03:54
    install

ATI Radeon Graphics Processor
    ATI Technologies Inc

0x68c1
    0x1002
    0x1436
    0x103c
    0x030000
    0x00

ATI Technologies Inc

0xaa60
    0x1002
    0x1436
    0x103c
    0x040300
    0x00

PX Profile Update

Catalyst Control Center

ATI Catalyst Install Manager

ATI Display Driver

HDMI/DP Audio Driver

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable

HydraVision

ATI Catalyst Install Manager
    Succeed

HDMI/DP Audio Driver
    Succeed

Hardware information
    Existing packages
    Packages for install
    Packages for uninstall
    Other detected devices
    Error messages
    Name
    Manufacturer
    Chip type
    Device ID
    Other hardware
    Download packages
    Success
    Fail
    Vendor ID
    Class Code
    Revision ID
    Subsystem ID
    Subsystem vendor ID
    Catalyst™ Install Manager
    Installation Report
    Final Status:
    Version of Item:
    Size:
    Mbytes"

But doesn't seem to change anything... Argh

Anyone have any tips? I've just tried to no avail for 3 hours and I'm back at square one with the original drivers from my refurb radiance.

Thanks

Notebook Geek

Quote Originally Posted by nielo View Post
    Can I install over the moded 11.1 drivers from gurud 3d? And do I download from the Amd site? aslo do your brightness controls work with 11.2.
    well i went from the default installed HP graphics drivers straight to 11.2, but i assume you just keep installing new drivers over old ones. IF you uninstall the HP drivers, you apparently lose switchable graphics. but yes, for the 11.2 drivers, get them from the AMD site. i did and mt stuff is all working as it should. On a side note, dose 11.2 still include Tessellation control? i don't have that.

Notebook Geek

What things should I be "sweeping" in Driver Sweeper? I was just wiping out the entire AMD display... maybe that's my problem. When I get home I'm going to try running the driver sweeper in normal mode and see if it doesn't black out my screen then.

Has anyone gotten this to work over the latest december HP drivers?

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Night Racer View Post
    well i went from the default installed HP graphics drivers straight to 11.2, but i assume you just keep installing new drivers over old ones. IF you uninstall the HP drivers, you apparently lose switchable graphics. but yes, for the 11.2 drivers, get them from the AMD site. i did and mt stuff is all working as it should. On a side note, dose 11.2 still include Tessellation control? i don't have that.
    Are you sure you got it installed? Screenshot?

The driver package will install over but it skips the "driver" part.

Notebook Geek

Is this the latest version of the CCC and drivers from HP? I'm trying to install the cracked version over but it probably won't work. I'm getting wierd graphical glitches in borderlands where I see like patches of polygons show up through everything... very odd. Figured newer drivers might help...but yeah they're impossible to install lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CCC.jpg  

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by bigphil233 View Post
    Is this the latest version of the CCC and drivers from HP? I'm trying to install the cracked version over but it probably won't work. I'm getting wierd graphical glitches in borderlands where I see like patches of polygons show up through everything... very odd. Figured newer drivers might help...but yeah they're impossible to install lol.
    The highest I can go is 10.12. CCC updates fine but they will never install the new drivers. I had to get 10.12 from opendrivers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast