Quantcast Was your HP Envy 14 with Radiance display order cancelled? Post here!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast
    NBR Freelance Reviewer

Default Was your HP Envy 14 with Radiance display order cancelled? Post here!

Just received an e-mail with the following:

My name is Doug and I am writing in regards to the order that you placed with us recently at HP Home & Home Office. According to my records, your order for the Envy 14 will be canceled because the HP Radiance display stock levels has been completely depleted. I do have 2 very compelling offers I would like to offer you in exchange for the Radiance display.

Please give me a call at your convenience to finish this order at our toll free number 800-492-3341 Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. MST.

Thank you for your interest in HP products. We appreciate your business!

Ken
    HP Home & Home Office Store
    salescenter@hp.com
    800-492-3341
    So, I called HP and just got off the phone with their customer service. I was told that the HP Envy 14 laptop order I placed will be cancelled tomorrow (21 Jan, 2011) due to the Radiance display stock being depleted. However, I was given two "compelling" offers:

1) Switch to BrightView display and upgrade RAM to 8GB (+$150 upgrade) and HDD to 750GB (+90 upgrade).

2) Go with the HP DM4t with BrightView display, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD for about $650.

The CSR I spoke to was very nice and professional, and pretty apologetic. When I pushed for a better "compelling offer" the CSR offered to upgrade the i5-560M CPU in my Envy 14 (let's be real, the offers they are giving customers who ordered the Envy 14 with a Radiance display is pretty bad)

Apparently there are 16-20 people that will not be getting their Radiance display in their Envy 14, and the CSR said that another list is forthcoming with more customers to be contacted about the issue.

I would like this thread to serve as a log as to who can get a good "compelling" offer that everyone else can follow to maximize the compensation of HP selling products for which they do not have on hand (could have legal ramifications, bait and switch tactics, etc.)

Feel free to post what offer you accepted or what other deal you wrangled from HP to compensate for the lack of Radiance displays in your Envy 14.

**UPDATE**

After many lengthy phone conversations, e-mails, stressing, private cursing, and general headaches, I finally received the Envy 14 I originally ordered, complete with a Radiance display. Something can be said about persistence and not taking 'no' as an answer.

You can read the update in full HERE.
    Last edited by garetjax; 4th February 2011 at 11:20 AM.

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Was your HP Envy 14 with Radiance display order cancelled? Post here!

Oh hell if I get that I will be pissed. I sold my envy that I already had to get one of these. The only way that they could possibly make it better for me is if they have me an ssd.

Quick question, when did you order yours?

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Was your HP Envy 14 with Radiance display order cancelled? Post here!

Oh no, I hope I dont get mine cancelled, I ordered at around 6pm which is 6 hrs before expiration date

Notebook Guru

i'd say push for a ssd

Notebook Consultant

If they cancel our order, do u think we can get a good discount for the upcoming Envy 17 on late February? or they can only discount and what they have now?

NBR Macro-Mod®

They can only offer you what they have now.
    Brand new, secondhand.

Dividing by zero since 1971.

NBR Freelance Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by aznanarchy99 View Post
    Quick question, when did you order yours?
    I placed my order on 18 Jan, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by jdane770 View Post
    If they cancel our order, do u think we can get a good discount for the upcoming Envy 17 on late February? or they can only discount and what they have now?
    Honestly, I don't know. I had the same idea while speaking to HP, and it appears that it may be possible to use the SNAFU with the Envy 14 and lack of Radiance display to leverage on the acquisition of a discounted Envy Sandy Bridge platform notebook which is soon to be released.

While talking with the CSR from HP, I also asked the following:

1) Since I am adamant about having a Radiance display in my Envy 14, I asked when will HP have more in stock to complete the order? I was told that the manufacturer that initially made the Radiance displays went out of business and that HP had to find a comparable company to make them. However, he doesn't know if that company is still making the displays and/or how long it will take to replenish HP's supply. I was told that HP will check into it and get back to me.

2) I also asked when HP will receive the i7 Sandy Bridge CPUs for their Envy 14 and Envy 17 models. I was told that HP will also look into that and get back to me with that information.

Getting back to the "compelling offers", and if you take them at face value, it seems like a slap in the face. For example, in Offer #1, HP is simply deducting $200 off your purchase price for the Radiance display and tacking on about $200 of un-needed and unwanted hardware upgrades to get the price back to what it was. My point to HP was that if I had wanted those upgrades (which I don't), I would have ordered my Envy 14 with them.

The second offer isn't much better, as they are simply slapping together a low-end 14" laptop which is essentially a stripped down, wannabe Envy notebook for around $600. It would be like if you had gone to HP and purchased that laptop straight out with a $500 coupon. Therefore, how could this be a "compelling offer"? The dm4t isn't even on the same level as an Envy 14.
    Last edited by garetjax; 22nd January 2011 at 01:36 PM.

Notebook Geek

I'm glad you ordered on Tuesday, not Monday because that gives me a better shot of actually getting my ordered computer. I'm sorry that you got screwed. Honestly I'd either ask for them to let you purchase a sandy bridge envy when available at a slight discount, or push for a SSD. I believe someone else had that compromise available in another topic because someone was offering their radiance + 500gb in exchange for the SSD and brightview. If they only offer this, and you still don't like the machine just accept it for 900 bucks and sell it on ebay for a slick profit and wait for a Sandy bridge to make your own discount.

Notebook Consultant

I ordered mine on the 15th and they gave me a phone call on the 18th which was the next business day to confirm my order for production so hopefully I'm good. I wouldn't go any less than a ssd.

Notebook Evangelist

like dximkd said, push for an SSD. Its the only thing that would be good enough to compensate for the radiance display.

To everyone who had theirs cancelled, was the hp status "in production" when it was cancelled? Mine is in production so is it safe to assume that I'm guaranteed the radiance?

Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast