Quantcast Radiance is Back

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Radiance is Back

Surprised that no one has brought this up yet but the radiance screen is back as an option for 200 extra bucks as of timing of this post.

I'm really torn now since I took advantage of the MS store deal for 799. Not sure if it is worth it for 1200 bucks vs 800 just for the screen (though I would end up paying about 1080+tax with my corporate discount through hp.com--10%). Thoughts?

Default Re: Radiance is Back

Haha, I was just coming here to post about this. My friend spilled wine on my 2 month old Envy 14 last week, so I was just shopping this morning for a new laptop, saw the Radiance display was available, and bought it! I'm so excited. I hope it's not an error or something.

Also, for an FYI, I used this code 'NB5321' and with a configuration over $1299, it took $200 off.
    Last edited by brian.q.g; 13th January 2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added on

Notebook Consultant

Get it while you can, its for a limited time.

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dgold82 View Post
    Surprised that no one has brought this up yet but the radiance screen is back as an option for 200 extra bucks as of timing of this post.

I'm really torn now since I took advantage of the MS store deal for 799. Not sure if it is worth it for 1200 bucks vs 800 just for the screen (though I would end up paying about 1080+tax with my corporate discount through hp.com--10%). Thoughts?
    Im kinda in the same boat. Just bought my envy14 from the MS store and really tempted to get one from HP with radiance. But overall I got a great laptop for a great price and idk if I want to pay $400 extra just for the screen....

Notebook Consultant

That is tempting, but it isn't available on the beats edition for some reason. And I can't tolerate how flowery the back of the regular one is.

Plus I have a nice 24 inch at home

Notebook Consultant

Aaargh - I'm now beyond my return period on my Envy thanks to it having been in service for the past 3 weeks - so while I would have gladly paid the extra for the Radiance option in the beginning, I don't have this option now. I'm seriously pissed.

Notebook Enthusiast

Really tempted to buy it now but I will wait for the next line of HP coupons and hope for discounts on the Envy (seeing they are having the 2011 models and need to get rid of the 2010 models).

If not, it will be a hard decision between the HP.com configured one and the Amazon, non-radiance one.

Notebook Consultant

God damn they dont have it for the Beats edition =(

Is it on their spare parts site?

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by aznanarchy99 View Post
    God damn they dont have it for the Beats edition =(

Is it on their spare parts site?
    Sorry, but what is so special about the Beats edition? Isn't the beats edition just colored black with red beats logo? The regular Envy 14 still comes with beats installed...so then......????

KJ

Notebook Consultant

This seems like great news for people with damaged screens wanting to get them replaced (me included).

Hope this change is permanent!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast