Quantcast Envy 14 Battery Life Log - Page 32

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Biiiiiiirrrrdmaaaaaaan

Default Re: Envy 14 Battery Life Log

Quote Originally Posted by aleckazee View Post
    Yeh I couldn't update my BIOS with the downloaded driver. What work around can I use?
    it's somewhere one the first page of the owner's lounge:

Trouble updating BIOS? - discovered by shoalinX
    Unzip the BIOS file (SPxxxx.exe) to a directory (SWsetup). Then run the InsydeFlash file as administrator.
    HP tools partition is NOT required.

you need something like winrar or 7zip and then you right click on the exe and open it in winrar and extract it to SWSetup.
    Envy 14

i5-520m | HD 5650 | 14.5" 1600x900 | 320GB HDD | 2x2GB DDR3 | Win7HP x64

Notebook Evangelist

Just received my new battery from HP... seems to be fixed... showing 5.5hrs of battery life... but let's see what happens.

I will keep you all updated.
    ThinkPad X1 Carbon: Core i7 2.0Ghz , 4GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD 4000, Windows 7 Pro x64
    I am a Lenovo Insider and I am here to help!
    Check out my About.ME site.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Marcham89 View Post
    Just received my new battery from HP... seems to be fixed... showing 5.5hrs of battery life... but let's see what happens.

I will keep you all updated.
    Good luck... also, please report the discharge rate
    HP Envy 14: i5-450M, 4GB, 500GB HDD, HD 5650, 1600x900 14.5" Radiance Display, Windows 7 Ultimate

Notebook Evangelist

Default Average charge time?

Just curious...

How long does it take to go from 0% to 100%.

I am also familiar with the idea that the first 80% charge faster than the last 20% stretch.
    ThinkPad X1 Carbon: Core i7 2.0Ghz , 4GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD 4000, Windows 7 Pro x64

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Average charge time?

Mine charges incredibly slow from 90% to 100%, compared to the rest.
    ENVY 14 :: Name: Centurion
    i3-370M
    1600x900 HD Radiance Screen
    Radeon 5650

Biiiiiiirrrrdmaaaaaaan

90 to 100 it may be looking for the other battery (hey bios settings)

also, my battery takes 'bout hour and a half to recharge. bit more than that.
    Envy 14

i5-520m | HD 5650 | 14.5" 1600x900 | 320GB HDD | 2x2GB DDR3 | Win7HP x64

Notebook Enthusiast

Everyone who is having some trouble getting good battery life:

Open up task manager and arrange by CPU cycles (click the cpu column). Now check to see if a process called wmiprvse.exe comes up. If you're like me, it would be eating up almost 23% of the CPU at a time. I'm almost positive it is related to HP wireless assistant which is just garbage. I uninstalled and now that's all gone. Seriously all that HP bloatware is terrible. If you want to disable bluetooth you'll need to disable it in the Device Manager

Another thing I did was turn off windows Search Indexer which eats up idle cpu time indexing your files for faster searches. I wish I could enable that only on battery...

If your computer is just sitting there and you don't have any web browsers open or anything, your computer should be idling around 0%... I would do some research on any process that makes it jump above 5%.

Now my CPU is idling at ~0% and I've gotten a half hour boost according to BatteryBar [edit: make that an hour]

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by zxcv12 View Post
    Everyone who is having some trouble getting good battery life:

Open up task manager and arrange by CPU cycles (click the cpu column). Now check to see if a process called wmiprvse.exe comes up. If you're like me, it would be eating up almost 23% of the CPU at a time. I'm almost positive it is related to HP wireless assistant which is just garbage. I uninstalled and now that's all gone. Seriously all that HP bloatware is terrible. If you want to disable bluetooth you'll need to disable it in the Device Manager

Another thing I did was turn off windows Search Indexer which eats up idle cpu time indexing your files for faster searches. I wish I could enable that only on battery...

If your computer is just sitting there and you don't have any web browsers open or anything, your computer should be idling around 0%... I would do some research on any process that makes it jump above 5%.

Now my CPU is idling at ~0% and I've gotten a half hour boost according to BatteryBar [edit: make that an hour]
    What wmiprvse.exe is... wmiprvse.exe Windows process - What is it?

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Marcham89 View Post
    Yes... and if you search that page for "HP" you'll see mentions of HP starting the service. It's not a legitimate instance of the service.

I also disabled the HPWMISVC service in services.msc (notice the "WMI"). It is something that HP wireless assistant used and it's unnecessary to have and could have also been the culprit for that process.

Notebook Evangelist

Is it just me or does the Beats Audio Chip eat battery life like a monster when using the headphone jack?