Quantcast keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    13

    Default keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    My click on "apply this fix" of Troubleshooting from Device Manager could not fixed this error.

    Any solution?
    HP 8510w - T7500/ WUXGA / 150G HD / Advanced Docking Station / 4 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64+ Envy 15 -1107TX - i7 / 500G HD / 8 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64

  2. #2
    NBR Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA (USA)
    Posts
    2,809
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    There may be a hotfix or update available from Windows Update that resolves this issue. I think I remember hearing about this issue from somewhere...

    Also, you can try installing the Essential System Updates package for Windows 7 which includes a collection of additional hotfixes. You can find this package in the software thread - http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-d...ollection.html

  3. #3
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    Quote Originally Posted by justinkw1 View Post
    There may be a hotfix or update available from Windows Update that resolves this issue. I think I remember hearing about this issue from somewhere...

    Also, you can try installing the Essential System Updates package for Windows 7 which includes a collection of additional hotfixes. You can find this package in the software thread - http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-d...ollection.html
    I had installed Essential System Updates 1.0 (19 Jan 2010) which is the newest one as per HP Driver Site for 8510w and just try the other one sp50370 1.1 (22 Oct 2010). However, such problem is still there.

    Any other recommendation?
    HP 8510w - T7500/ WUXGA / 150G HD / Advanced Docking Station / 4 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64+ Envy 15 -1107TX - i7 / 500G HD / 8 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64

  4. #4
    NBR Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA (USA)
    Posts
    2,809
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    Quote Originally Posted by samuel888 View Post
    I had installed Essential System Updates 1.0 (19 Jan 2010) which is the newest one as per HP Driver Site for 8510w and just try the other one sp50370 1.1 (22 Oct 2010). However, such problem is still there.

    Any other recommendation?
    The keyboard filter should already be mostly operational since it usually uses the Microsoft Windows default driver. What you can do is uninstall the keyboard filter from the Device Manager and then let Windows re-detect and reinstall. A reboot doesn't hurt either.

  5. #5
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    Dear justinkw1, Thanks a lot for your reply!

    However, what I could find within Device Manager are only "HID Keyboard Device" and "Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB" and both are working normally.

    Such keyboard filter problem is found from "Devices and Printers" and the Troubleshooting process there could not fix it.
    HP 8510w - T7500/ WUXGA / 150G HD / Advanced Docking Station / 4 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64+ Envy 15 -1107TX - i7 / 500G HD / 8 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64

  6. #6
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Land of thousand lakes
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    I had the same problem about six months ago. I resolved it by installing HP Quick Launch Software (note: NOT Quick Launch Buttons). Try installing latest version 2.2.7 (2.20 A8) which can be found in driver threads. Re-installing Quick Launch Buttons software didn't help. Here's link to my post about this issue.

    [Drivers] HP dv6-2XXX / dv7-3XXX / dv8 / HDX16 / HDX18 (INTEL)

    | dv6-2090eo | Core i7-720QM (Clarksfield) | Intel Lynnfield IMC / Intel Ibex Peak-M PM55 | Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 MHz | Intel 330 Series SSD 120GB | Seagate 320 GB SATA 7200 rpm | nVIDIA GeForce GT 230M | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Nokia N9 16Gb |

  7. #7
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3tor View Post
    I had the same problem about six months ago. I resolved it by installing HP Quick Launch Software (note: NOT Quick Launch Buttons). Try installing latest version 2.2.7 (2.20 A8) which can be found in driver threads. Re-installing Quick Launch Buttons software didn't help. Here's link to my post about this issue.

    [Drivers] HP dv6-2XXX / dv7-3XXX / dv8 / HDX16 / HDX18 (INTEL)
    Thanks a lot, Z3tor!

    I just uninstall Quick Launch Buttons and found this problem is disappeared after re-booting. Since many special buttons don't function now, I will reinstall sp50681, the latest one I found from HP site, for further trying.
    HP 8510w - T7500/ WUXGA / 150G HD / Advanced Docking Station / 4 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64+ Envy 15 -1107TX - i7 / 500G HD / 8 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64

  8. #8
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    Quote Originally Posted by samuel888 View Post
    Thanks a lot, Z3tor!

    I just uninstall Quick Launch Buttons and found this problem is disappeared after re-booting. Since many special buttons don't function now, I will reinstall sp50681, the latest one I found from HP site, for further trying.
    After installing sp50681, there is still no such problem but special buttons' fuction is also disabled. Then, I reinstall HP Quick Launch Buttons
    6.50.17.1 (18 Jun 2010) sp49104, such problem occurred again!

    Therefore, i am almost sure that this Keyboard Filter driver problem is caused by HP Quick Launch Buttons.

    BTW, what is the difference between HP Quick Launch Button Software sp50681 and HP Quick Launch Buttons sp49104? It looks like they are not for same function.
    HP 8510w - T7500/ WUXGA / 150G HD / Advanced Docking Station / 4 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64+ Envy 15 -1107TX - i7 / 500G HD / 8 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64

  9. #9
    NBR Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA (USA)
    Posts
    2,809
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    The HP Quick Launch Software is meant for the newer notebooks - HP advertises it as the replacement to Quick Launch Buttons.

    However, the original Quick Launch Buttons installed actual drivers for the notebook's keyboard to enable the Fn key combinations. Does the new Quick Launch Software also enable Fn key combinations? (I haven't tried the new ones yet.)

  10. #10
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: keyboard filter doesn't have a driver - HP 8510w Win 7

    Dear justinkw1, on my 8510w, Quick Launch Software does not support any special function and even there is no any indication in the Control Panel. However, it looke no any abnormal results so far and i will keep it for a while.

    BTW, do you have any recommendation for solving such conflict between HP Quick Launch Buttons and keyboard filter driver?
    HP 8510w - T7500/ WUXGA / 150G HD / Advanced Docking Station / 4 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64+ Envy 15 -1107TX - i7 / 500G HD / 8 GB RAM / 4GB ReadyBoost / Win 7 Pro x64

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1