Quantcast [Drivers] HP dv6-2XXX / dv7-3XXX / dv8 / HDX16 / HDX18 (INTEL) - Page 45

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 257 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [Drivers] HP dv6-2XXX / dv7-3XXX / dv8 / HDX16 / HDX18 (INTEL)

Notebook Consultant

Default re: [Drivers] HP dv6 Gen 2 / dv7 Gen 3 / dv8 / HDX16 / HDX18 (INTEL)

Quote Originally Posted by amires View Post
    Thank for keeping up to date drivers in this thread. I compared the drivers at this thread with list of drivers available at HP site and I noticed the following has been left out :

- HP MediaSmart SlingPlayer Software 3.0 A
    - HP MediaSmart TV Software 2.20 B2
    - HP Support Assitance 4.1.11.3
    - HP Tone Control Utility 2.00 A
    - HP Wireless Assistant 3.50.10.1

Is there any reason the above items has been left out?
    Amires, this thread is maintained with the great work of Justin plus the contribution of the users, we can't possibly update the info in real-time, so your contribution is expected.

Justin will take a look at your information and will eventually update the thread, thanks for your help.
    BYTE (Main Notebook) - Model: Santech G37 (Clevo P370SM3) | CPU: Intel i7-4900MQ | GPU: 2*Nvidia GTX780M (SLI)| Display: 17,3" 3D FullHD 120Hz no-glare | RAM: 4*8GB 1.6GHz CL9 Kingston | Boot: 2*Plextor PX-256M5M 256GB SSD (Raid0/512GB) | Data: 2*Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Raid0/2TB)| WLAN: Intel AC-7260 | OS: Win8 Pro | Input: Razer Ouroboros/Manticor/Deathstalker

Notebook Enthusiast

I have a problem, i cant get the HDMI audio to work.
    I have a HDX X16 with geforce GT 130M card.

I have activated the HDMI as default audio output, put there still isnt any sound. any tips ?

NBR Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by amires View Post
    Thank for keeping up to date drivers in this thread. I compared the drivers at this thread with list of drivers available at HP site and I noticed the following has been left out :

- HP MediaSmart SlingPlayer Software 3.0 A
    - HP MediaSmart TV Software 2.20 B2
    - HP Support Assitance 4.1.11.3
    - HP Tone Control Utility 2.00 A
    - HP Wireless Assistant 3.50.10.1

Is there any reason the above items has been left out?
    MediaSmart SlingPlayer -- now I don't know if I should put this up on the original post...I know it's part of the MediaSmart family, but is this particular utility useful to anyone? Please let me know and I'll post it should someone find it useful.

The MediaSmart TV software 2.20 B2 is the same version posted on the original post (I just posted the vendor version, that's all )

HP Support Assistant and Wireless Assistant -- Support Assistant is not important, and it's largely optional...it just provides custom HP Help and Support pages for the notebook. Wireless Assistant is largely the same; wireless can be controlled using the built-in Windows functionality instead of a third-party tool.

HP Tone Control Utility -- now this is where I am not sure again...some people have experienced problems with the Tone Control Utility, which is why it's not up on the original post. But something tells me that it could be important, so I'll also put this up only if someone finds it useful.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by justinkw1 View Post
    MediaSmart SlingPlayer -- now I don't know if I should put this up on the original post...I know it's part of the MediaSmart family, but is this particular utility useful to anyone? Please let me know and I'll post it should someone find it useful.

The MediaSmart TV software 2.20 B2 is the same version posted on the original post (I just posted the vendor version, that's all )

HP Support Assistant and Wireless Assistant -- Support Assistant is not important, and it's largely optional...it just provides custom HP Help and Support pages for the notebook. Wireless Assistant is largely the same; wireless can be controlled using the built-in Windows functionality instead of a third-party tool.

HP Tone Control Utility -- now this is where I am not sure again...some people have experienced problems with the Tone Control Utility, which is why it's not up on the original post. But something tells me that it could be important, so I'll also put this up only if someone finds it useful.
    I had exactly your same doubts while reading the post.

I would only put HP Support and HP Wireless assistants, I've installed them and I think they could be useful to many users.
    BYTE (Main Notebook) - Model: Santech G37 (Clevo P370SM3) | CPU: Intel i7-4900MQ | GPU: 2*Nvidia GTX780M (SLI)| Display: 17,3" 3D FullHD 120Hz no-glare | RAM: 4*8GB 1.6GHz CL9 Kingston | Boot: 2*Plextor PX-256M5M 256GB SSD (Raid0/512GB) | Data: 2*Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Raid0/2TB)| WLAN: Intel AC-7260 | OS: Win8 Pro | Input: Razer Ouroboros/Manticor/Deathstalker

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by justinkw1 View Post
    Thank you for the information. So MediaSmart TV software is the same thing as MediaSmart Live TV software and as long we are using v3.0.3123 then we don't need v2.20B2. I thought they are different softwares. Thank you for clearing this out.

Notebook Enthusiast

Hi Guys!

Having bit of a predicament with the bass/treble sliders.. the darn thing is not working even after installing HP Control which supposedly is to work the bass/treble Any recommendations or suggestions which you intellectuals could come up with is highly appreciated

btw have anybody tried flashing the HDX18 on Windows 7? Does it work without causing any hickups? Cuz as it seems the Winflash utility is only supported on Vista as per the download site's description on HP.

Thanks in advance

btw the OS on which I have had all the drivers installed on is Windows 7 Ultimate..

ah.. another query not related to this topic though. had my motherboard recently replaced due to a power issue. Now whenever my laptop boots up i get the message serial number not found in the bios screen. using HP Support it is not able to pick up the product number and serial number too. any ideas?

Zz
    Last edited by hishamzz; 8th November 2009 at 09:04 AM.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by hishamzz View Post
    Hi Guys!

Having bit of a predicament with the bass/treble sliders.. the darn thing is not working even after installing HP Control which supposedly is to work the bass/treble Any recommendations or suggestions which you intellectuals could come up with is highly appreciated

btw have anybody tried flashing the HDX18 on Windows 7? Does it work without causing any hickups? Cuz as it seems the Winflash utility is only supported on Vista as per the download site's description on HP.
    Zz
    Both issues have already been discussed before in this thread, check posts #270 to #281 (if I recall correctly); rageman also created a noob-guide specific to the bass&treble problem: http://www.hphdx.net/Forum/tabid/55/...ault.aspx#2092

Regarding the BIOS, please read posts #320 up to #330.

btw: the bios update is recommended also to fix the bass&treble issue. Rageman, you could also put this into your guide (update to F.31 bios release) as one of the prerequirements, I wrote instructions into your guide's thread.

I know the thread is becoming difficult to search into, but please try before asking questions who have already been answered.

Justin: I think that probably a FAQ is needed, with pointers to specific posts...
    Last edited by Axel Foley; 8th November 2009 at 11:00 AM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Foley View Post
    Both issues have already been discussed before in this thread, check posts #270 to #281 (if I recall correctly); rageman also created a noob-guide specific to the bass&treble problem: http://www.hphdx.net/Forum/tabid/55/...ault.aspx#2092

Regarding the BIOS, please read posts #320 up to #330.

btw: the bios update is recommended also to fix the bass&treble issue. Rageman, you could also put this into your guide (update to F.31 bios release) as one of the prerequirements, I wrote instructions into your guide's thread.

I know the thread is becoming difficult to search into, but please try before asking questions who have already been answered.

Justin: I think that probably a FAQ is needed, with pointers to specific posts...
    Frankly i did follow the guides including the one mentioned on hphdx too but the darn thing stil does not work. As you have mentioned i did uninstall the existing drivers and then reinstalled the one you have mentioned in your thread. Afterwards rebooted and the darn treble/bass was stil not working. did the upgrade to the latest drivers to no avail.

which was why i asked not that i dont do a lot o hunting when it comes to queries hehe.. i feel that HP Uontrol might be having a play in this but am unsure. Is your OS Windows 7? If you d be so kind enough, please give another step by step guide with each tiny step so that i would be able to really pin onto the offending driver..

thanks man!
    Zz

Notebook Consultant

ZZ,

the guide is good, but please be sure to use the versions mentioned in the guide; and please update the BIOS to last version (F.31), I told rageman to put this into the guide too.

Also, please don't use the HP Tone Control utility we still didn't understand what it's supposed to do, or better, it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, so please uninstall it.

I use Windows 7 Enterprise, and everything works correctly.

Notebook Enthusiast

I have installed windows 7 with all the software mentioned in this thread on my HDX18-1155. everything is working perfectly however I don't get the osd when I touch the quicklaunch buttons at the top of the keyboard. What software is responsible for the OSD?

EDIT: OSD is working only for mute and volume but not for tone control and wireless on/off.
    Last edited by amires; 9th November 2009 at 06:38 AM.