Quantcast please help my fan keeps turning on and off every 2 to 3 minutes?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default please help my fan keeps turning on and off every 2 to 3 minutes?

i just had my dv 6000 a month ago,i noticed that CPU fan keeps cycling on and of every 2 3 minute although CPU tempraturee doesn exceed 36 C when idle so is this normal ,i duuno what to do.anyone has the same .

PS :i have made the usb trick to cut down the buzzing sound from that comes from the processor.

Specs

Dv 6183 ea

1.83 core 2 duo
    100 GB HDD
    1 GB ram
    G force go 7400 256MB

Notebook Deity

Default Re: please help my fan keeps turning on and off every 2 to 3 minutes?

Go here, install the latest BIOS and see if that changes anything. HP has to issue a new BIOS in order to change the temperature levels at which the fan starts. There's nothing wrong with your laptop; this is just the way the fan is programmed to work. I don't think the USB thing messes with the fan. It won't hurt to try restoring the usb power settings, however.
    If not, get Speedfan or some other program like that to control your fan manually. There's no guarantee that it will work, though.
    "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we risk congratulations."
    Edmund Burke
    L2000 LiveStrong