Quantcast Help needed as laptop battery got stuck.

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Help needed as laptop battery got stuck.

Hello all,
    Three months before I bought hp dv2000t notebook.It works fine for me but as after one months It starts getting very hot even playing winamp with visualization on(around 82 C core temp and 96 C GPU temp).when I play games as bf2 and bf2142 it shutdown.then I went through this forum and in one thread people recomended cleaning the laptop either with compressed cans or vaccum cleaner.I tried and it works.now idle temp is 38 C compares to 56 C.thax for those suggetions.
    But as I refited my battery.it gots some how stuck and now I could not take it out.the button which releases the battery got stuck in the position of release and battery is still locked.I tried with hp care but the costomercare person could not understand the problem.can somebody guide me in this regard..
    I attached the snapshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mylappy.jpg  

Notebook Deity

Default Re: Help needed as laptop battery got stuck.

On some units the battery is just "tight".... once you hit the release(s) it doesn't just fall out (which is a good thing btw)

Some units you just have to work it loose.... Another poster was having the SAME problem.... told him the same and he got it out.. (He said it was jut "tight")

On a unit I had (dv8000t) the battery was pretty tight also, had to use something to pry the battery out.

Oh, another thing , some units have a second catch I think...

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 6th December 2006 at 05:00 PM.
    When asking for HELP
    Please take 10 seconds to post upfront Age, model number, etc in BODY of your post as TEXT

Doing so
    Shows you respect others time.
    Helps others help YOU better.
    Helps everyone as it PERMANENTLY ties the "fix", ideas presented to the hardware-software being discussed.
    Makes the data viewable to search engines.

PS: The more people that post in such a manner the better search results YOU get on YOUR next search.

Notebook Deity

Oh , another suggestion on that overheating (You had to clean it after 1 month of usage???)

Try to keep your desk area clean, make sure it's on a hard surface, Don't lay in the bed without some type of "tray". Be aware where the air intakes are when using the system as a Laptop... Lay in the car seat and the seat has dirt /hair, etc and it's going to suck all that crap into the cooling system.
    (I would assume you know that after cleaning, but others may not so that's why I mention it)

PS: You shouldn't have to clean it after (1) month of use.

When asking for HELP
    Please take 10 seconds to post upfront Age, model number, etc in BODY of your post as TEXT

Doing so
    Shows you respect others time.
    Helps others help YOU better.
    Helps everyone as it PERMANENTLY ties the "fix", ideas presented to the hardware-software being discussed.
    Makes the data viewable to search engines.

PS: The more people that post in such a manner the better search results YOU get on YOUR next search.

Notebook Deity

Use a knife or something thin to gently push the battery upwards. It might be just tight or it might have got tighter as a result of the heat
    "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we risk congratulations."
    Edmund Burke
    L2000 LiveStrong

Notebook Enthusiast

I pulled that thing out.oh what a relief.it was very tight and if I had six lithum battery than I think it would be unimaginable(as I had 12 lithuim).
    why my battery got stuck??
    as my experience,I inserted my battery while my laptop battery button is in release position.at that time,it inserted but the button got stuck in release position.
    Now I inserted my battery while my battery button is in lock position.and as i am pushing my release button it just pop out very nicely.
    In short
    Insert a battery while button is in lock position
    as I learned with my experience.
    and
    thanx WeAreNotAlone and vassil_98
    To WeAreNotAlone,
    now I am using a pad to put my laptop as in last cleaning I found terrible crap inside my laptop..

Banned

Glad you released it and thanks for the tip