Quantcast HP dv8000t Reinstallation Guide - Page 8

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Default Re: HP dv8000t Reinstallation Guide

Everything was working fine after the clean installation of xp pro but after a few software installations, i got the blue screen. anyone else have this problem? also, how do I get the bluetooth taskbar icon? Thanks!

Edit: Ok, got the bluetooth icon back from SwSetup.
    The blue screen that I get says "An attempt was made to execute non-executable memory". I have no clue what to do now. It tells me to check the newly installed hardware or software and to go into bios to disable memory options such as caching and shadowing. No clue what to do.

Technical Info:
    STOP: 0x000000FC (0xAA1D07E4, 0x26A6C963, 0xAA1D0750, 0x00000001)
    Last edited by bsl918; 12th July 2006 at 08:35 PM.

Notebook Consultant

I too noticed the missing Bluetooth icon. I forgot what I did to get it back. One of the folders in SwSetup I think, if you run it, it will install the Bluetooth software.

Notebook Guru

I accidentally deleted my quickplay partition...although I don't really care to omuch about quickplay, is it possible to get it back with the recovery discs I made? Do they just restore everythnig to factory state?

found out what was causing the BSOD earlier on my system.

If you are installing XP Pro, make sure that you are using the Win XP Pro + SP2 integrated disk. (I was using the XP Pro RTM CD, and it does not have updated drivers for the newer hardware, and would crash).

Hope this helps others who may be encountering this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dv2000t_user
    found out what was causing the BSOD earlier on my system.

If you are installing XP Pro, make sure that you are using the Win XP Pro + SP2 integrated disk. (I was using the XP Pro RTM CD, and it does not have updated drivers for the newer hardware, and would crash).

Hope this helps others who may be encountering this.

Thanks!
    I was getting the BSOD too but what do you mean by integrated disk. I have the XP Pro w/ SP2. I dunno what else to do. I have already done windows update. I saw something about DEP to get around the BSOD.

Quote Originally Posted by bsl918
    I was getting the BSOD too but what do you mean by integrated disk. I have the XP Pro w/ SP2. I dunno what else to do. I have already done windows update. I saw something about DEP to get around the BSOD.
    Yes, that's what I meant by the integrated disk. It is XP Pro w/ SP2. I was able to install everything by following the instructions without encountering any more BSOD. Also, I have a dv2000t -- am sorry, I don't know what might be causing this on your machine.

Notebook Consultant

Does anyone mind putting up his/her HPQDP file from SWSETUP folder.
    for some reasons, my dv1000t doesnt have that file? I can't run the quickplay directplay after i reinstall my lappie, which is working great

Thanks

Notebook Consultant

I just received a dv8305us yesterday and would like to do a reformat on the HD. It comes with Media Center 2005 loaded onto it.

I downloaded copies of the MC 2005 CDs, but it won't accept the product key that is underneath the laptop. Is there anyway to force it so I can still have a legitimate Windows setup or am I out of luck?

Notebook Geek

Hi,

I read the guide and it is great but one quetion i have is I dleleted the swsetup folder (I know bad idea now LOL) but I did do something that I thing will be ok anyway. I have a program that copied all the drivers into a separate folder with access to all the drivers for later use if needed. My question is will that be the same thing then like the swsetup folder?

If not could I do a reinstall using the hp system recovery and then wont the swsetup folder reappear?

Thanks

Scott M

Notebook Consultant

ScottM post here HP DV8305US Reinstallation Guide

I moved the link to the guide there

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast