Quantcast (Compaq Presario CQ60) Need cleaning advice

Closed Thread
    Gamer extraordinaire

Default (Compaq Presario CQ60) Need cleaning advice

My little brother owns this notebook and it get rather hot when used.

It has a Intel Celeron 575 running at 2,00 GHz and a Intel GMA 4500mhd on a Intel GL40 mainboard.
    It reports that it runs at 60c when idle, but it feels very hot when in use.

Even my own system runs cooler and it includes a ATI Mobility X1600 that can get a little toasty when in use.

So, any cleanng tips?
    Clevo P170HMx: Intel Core i7 2960QM | Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 4GB | 8GB DDR3 | Intel SSD 510 120GB | Seagate SSHD 1TB
    Accessories: QPAD QH-1339, QPAD MK-80 & Razer Mamba 2012.

My YouTube channel | My Twitch.tv channel

Gamer extraordinaire

Default Re: (Compaq Presario CQ60) Need cleaning advice

Just bumping the thread to get some more views and maybe a solution too.
    Clevo P170HMx: Intel Core i7 2960QM | Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 4GB | 8GB DDR3 | Intel SSD 510 120GB | Seagate SSHD 1TB

KLF
    NBR Super Modernator

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01602064.pdf

There's the Service Manual. Check the chapter "Removal and replacement procedures". Read it through a few times before starting.

You need to take out keyboard, keyboard cover, top cover, and motherboard (and their associated parts) before you can get to the fan assembly. If your bro is going to pay your troubles with a 12- or 6-pack, make sure you don't get it before job is done... too much small parts

Actually, look at the How To: Clean the Heatsink/Fan Assembly on a dv2xxx. and you get the idea what kind of job it is. Basic construction is pretty similar, even if the model's arent just the same.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack scouts on fire off the shoulder of Well6. I watched sentryguns glitter in the dark near the 2fort4 gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Gamer extraordinaire

So much job just to locate the fan.
    Much easier on my current notebook, where the fan is located right under the keyboard.

But thanks for posting this, KLF.

Notebook Enthusiast

I have a cq-60-210-us, amd athlon ql-62 with nivda 8200m, after five minuts the fan kiks on high. It will overheat and shutdown before the batery runs dead when it is left on a flat surfus. I had to get a notebook coling stand for it, the fan is vary noisy but it dose not overheat anymore. i took it apart and cleand it no dust in the fan pluging it up. I blew it out but it still runs hot it has done it ever scence it was new.

KLF
    NBR Super Modernator

The "Undervolting" Guide

Take a look at that thread, maybe undervolting would cool it a little bit more.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack scouts on fire off the shoulder of Well6. I watched sentryguns glitter in the dark near the 2fort4 gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.