Quantcast Student Discount and Coupons - Page 4

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: READ FIRST student discount and Coupons

How do you use this coupon?
    HP coupon Save over $235 when you buy a Customizable HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook no coupon code 2005-10-01

I tried but I never see anything about a code or anything.

Notebook Consultant

Anyone know if there are any coupons out now to save on the Compaq V2000z?

Notebook Consultant

JMSNYC - auctually on the v2000z im purchasing it today - just wanted to tell you that its actually at its cheapest right now - a few weeks ago it was higher by almost $200 and thats when they had a $140 coupon. Im sure in the next few weeks a coupon will come out - but then they'll balance it out by adding in some extra costs.

SO if i were you i'd get it right now - for some reason the price is low - im able to get it with the student discount and 2 $50 rebates(1 instant, 1 mailin) on hpshopping.com.
    And it comes to $850 roughly with ml-30turion, 60gb5400, 512MB, dvd-r/cd-r/12cellbattery!! plus prod ports and wireless!!! not bad!!

Notebook Consultant

how much discount for education program? i'm lookinag at DV 4000.
    try it before you buy it

DietGreenTeaFiend

Does the discount also apply to things like the small business grade laptops nc6200 series?
    Happy to answer any and all questions. Need advice on a notebook? Shoot me a PM or hit me up on AIM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Hi.

Im trying to use the student discount but everytime I try to log in it just goes to page cannot be displayed. I tried putting eds_ before my email address to log in but that didnt work either. How do you get this to work?

I've been buying Academic software for years. This includes software on specifically academic-only software sites. I purchased my CTO ZV6000 on HPShopping after registering on that site for the academic discount, in that case I saved an additional $100. It just happened to be the first time I've purchased "academic pricing" on hardware.

After registering as being eligible for academic pricing, when first loading the page at HPShopping, there was an additional graphic, "go to your academic site", or words to that effect, marked by a green apple. This gave me access to the exact same hardware, but the price would reflect the academic discount.

I am a nurse, at a major university, working in an outpatient cancer center; so far, far away from being in a classroom. All that is reguired to register at most sites (usually at the time of purchase), is a faxed copy of either my name tag or a redacted payroll document. Very easy. None of this having to say I was going to "use this in a classroom". Any employee of any academic institution should be eligible. For software from Microsoft or Corel (and many, many others...) this can mean savings of up to 70%. I've tried to spread the gospel on this. Try searching for Academic Software, although beware, some sites have better prices than others...as always, continue to be a smart shopper. Cheers, Carole-San Francisco

Notebook Geek

Any new coupons out there that we, soon-to-be-owners, should know about?

Thanks!

Notebook Enthusiast

how much discount does the APP discount give? is it like 10% or 15% or $50 off? how does the discount work?

Notebook Enthusiast

Yes, I as well am curious to know how big of a price difference an educational discount gives you, and how the process works. Does anyone know how much a Compaq V5000Z series notebook with:
    AMD Turion ML-40
    128mb ATI Radeon Xpress 200m
    1x1024mb memory
    80GB 5400 RPM HD
    Bluetooth card
    and 2 12-cell batteries would cost? (configured w/out discount as of 2/20/2006 as $1,126.99 [after $150 instant savings and $50 mail-in rebate])

Also, it says on the discount site that the educational discount only works for post-k12 educational institutions. Yet, when I went through the registration process, it showed my k12 high school as an option. It goes on to say something to the effect of "if hp finds your registration to be fraudulent, you have authorized us to charge you the difference in purchase price." Now, wouldn't you agree that I should just go for it, if that's all they are going to do? It says nothing about a surcharge or "we'll see you in court" type of thing, so I have nothing to lose, right? If I get away with the discount then that's great, and if they review my purchase and find out I'm just a highschooler, I am no worse off than if I hadn't even used the discount period. Right?

BTW, great site/forums, lots of info here. Sorry for such a lengthy post...

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast