Quantcast How to turn off the hp logo light at the cover/lid of the notebook

Closed Thread
    Notebook Geek

Default How to turn off the hp logo light at the cover/lid of the notebook

Hi, how to turn off the logo light? Cause my notebook's cover is facing the wall, no point for it to light up.. thanks..

Default Re: How to turn off the hp logo light at the cover/lid of the notebook

Well brother, here's the deal, as I'm seeing it. The Logo is illuminated by the back light of the LCD screen. It dosen't suck any additional power, and you can't turn it off unless you turn off the laptops built in screen. It's basically a semi-transparent section of the lid that allows the back light "light" to filter through. If it's reflecting off of your wall, and annoying you, i'd recommend just taping something over it, (post-it note, etc). Please someone correct me, if i'm wrong.

Notebook Deity

i highly doubt that it functions like that although i would like to believe it does...

If its like my dv5z there's a led assembly that gets its power off the display cable. To disconnect it you have to disassemble the lid to get behind the display. If you can find the service manual for your model it will give you the procedure, if you're comfortable with taking it apart, and at your own risk of course.

Notebook Evangelist

The wall wont catch fire ...Surely not possible via BIOS. You will have to rip open the LCD assembly.
    dv5t|P7350|3GB DDR2-800|250gb@5400rpm|Infinity WXGA|9600M GT 512MB DDR2|5100+Bluetooth|Vista Home Premium 32(SP1)

Notebook Evangelist

Search Turning Off HP Logo Light?

This has been thoroughly discussed previously.

Notebook Consultant

Yea just get some window tint like ttv said in the above thread listed. I like that idea. It would dim it down a little.

HP dv9535nr-T8300-4GB DDR2-HP QuickDock-AZIO Bluetooth
    (3)7200.4 RPM 500GB's OS/Recovery/Clone XP Pro SP3-Vista Ultimate x64-Windows 7 Pro x64

dv4-1435dx -T6500-4GB-Vista64/Windows7 64-320GB HDD
    dv4i- i5 540M - 6GB DDR3 - 500GB HDD - Black/TV/Bluetooth/Fingerprint/High6Cell

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardGarrett View Post
    Well brother, here's the deal, as I'm seeing it. The Logo is illuminated by the back light of the LCD screen. It dosen't suck any additional power, and you can't turn it off unless you turn off the laptops built in screen. It's basically a semi-transparent section of the lid that allows the back light "light" to filter through. If it's reflecting off of your wall, and annoying you, i'd recommend just taping something over it, (post-it note, etc). Please someone correct me, if i'm wrong.
    nope. it still stays illuminated when the lid is closed and i connect it to my external LCD
    dv7t-1270|W7U-64|P8600 2.4GHz|4GB RAM|9600mGT|320GB|N+Bluetooth|LightScribe Blu-Ray|24" ViewSonic 1080p LCD|HP Bluetooth Stereo Headphones|HP QuickDock|MS5000 BT Mouse|HP 2.1 50w Speakers|HP Elite Wireless Keyboard|Notepal Infinite Cooler| Moto Atrix