Quantcast having some problem with the youcam software

Closed Thread
    Notebook Evangelist

Default having some problem with the youcam software

alright i am having some problems with the youcam software. sometimes when i close youcam, it will say that youcam has stopped working and will attempt to send a report to microsoft even though i was the one that closed it and it closed smoothly. also how do you get the feature with the animal faces to work. it doesn't seem to correspond with my movements.

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: having some problem with the youcam software

I'm not so sure the faces are supposed to correspond with your movement. According to the YouCam help, they're simply called avatars - and no mention is made of them being in any way related to your movement. If they -are- supposed to move, then apparently my copy of the software is just as broken as yours...
    HP dv7z
    AMD Turion X2 (ZM-82) @ 2.2Ghz
    3GB DDR2 RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics
    17" WSXGA BrightView
    Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-bit)

Derp

The avatars are supposed to move with your face. The camera might not be detecting your face. I recall the first time i used youcam the avatar didn't move, or maybe i didn't know it was moving, but nothing noticeable so i don't think it was working. I tried it some other times, the avatar moved with me, along with head movement, it can blink, raise an eyebrow, and move its mouth.

Malibal Lotus P150HM
    15.6" 1920x1080 LED AUO 95% Glossy | i7-2670QM | 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | AMD 6990M 2GB GDDR5 | 128 GB m4 Crucial SSD | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | Intel 6230 | AS5

Derp

The avatars are supposed to move with your face. The camera might not be detecting your face. I recall the first time i used youcam the avatar didn't move, or maybe i didn't know it was moving, but nothing noticeable so i don't think it was working. I tried it some other times, the avatar moved with me, along with head movement, it can blink, raise an eyebrow, and move its mouth.

Malibal Lotus P150HM
    15.6" 1920x1080 LED AUO 95% Glossy | i7-2670QM | 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | AMD 6990M 2GB GDDR5 | 128 GB m4 Crucial SSD | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | Intel 6230 | AS5

Notebook Evangelist

yeah sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. but has anyone experience the "youcam software has stopped working" when exiting the program