Quantcast How do you remove Yahoo! Search

Closed Thread

Default How do you remove Yahoo! Search

I just got my new DV6427CL yesterday and have removed most of the bloatwear but I can't figure out how to remove the Yahoo! Search from the toolbar on the bottom of the screen. I'm sure its really easy to do, if any of you could help me get rid of that I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Les
    Not associated with NotebookReview in any way

Default Re: How do you remove Yahoo! Search

Control Panel/Programs and Features..it will be there as with others.

It isn't there...

Notebook Virtuoso

Have you done a manual search for the program? Not sure about Vista, but in XP: right click Start - Search - type Yahoo! Search - under "Look in" drop down list, click Local disk (C) and then click Search. Delete what you don't want when the results are shown; if one is listed, start with the uninstaller.

Notebook Consultant

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/too...oolbar-08.html
    This shows you how to uninstall it.

Notebook Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by jacola02 View Post
    I just got my new DV6427CL yesterday and have removed most of the bloatwear but I can't figure out how to remove the Yahoo! Search from the toolbar on the bottom of the screen. I'm sure its really easy to do, if any of you could help me get rid of that I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    Right click on the taskbar-->toolbar and uncheck the entry for the HP Instant search or something similar(cant remember the exact wording right now). That should remove the Yahoo search from the taskbar. Since it is part of the HP total care software, you will have to get rid of that to completely remove the toolbar files from your system.
    Lenovo Thinkpad T400 Intel Core 2 Duo T9400, ATi HD3470/Intel GMA X4500, 160GB Intel 320 SSD/320GB Fujitsu MHZ2320BH G2 5400rpm HDD, 4GB DDR3 1066, 14.1" WXGA+ CCFL, Windows 8 Pro x64
    HP Pavilion DM1-3000 AMD E350, AMD HD6310, 320GB Seagate Momentus 7200rpm HDD, 3GB DDR3 1066, 11.6" WXGA LED, Mint 14

Notebook Consultant

its wierd. I just got my new notebook and there is no total care advisor. not to much bloat either. only hp games, yahoo toolbar in ie, some links on the desktop for ebay, zip.ca, and netscape, and of course norton which is the first thing that got removed (amazing how fast it goes without that). Now I just have to block some start up items in onecare (it works and its not a resource hog). So now I am just updating my comp with all the updates and I can fully use it tommorow