Quantcast dv2000 Woes - Blank screen and no video

Closed Thread
    NBR Freelance Reviewer

Default dv2000 Woes - Blank screen and no video

Hey all.

I have a friend who's dv2000 notebook is having problems. Yesterday, when the laptop was turned on, green, red, and yellow colors flashed all over the screen in a kaleidoscope pattern. My friend turned the laptop off, waited for a few moments, and turned it back on. This time, the screen remained totally black, but a continous beeping sound was heard. Once again, my friend turned the notebook off, waited a few minutes, and turned it back on. This time, there was no beeping sound, but the laptop screen remains black with no video.

I contacted HP, and was told to remove the battery, let the laptop sit for a few minutes then re-install it and turn the notebook on. This did not work, as there is still no screen output.

At this point, I am not sure what to do. The HP service guy I was chatting with said that my friend would need to get an onsite repair ticket submitted so a tech can come out and look at it. In the meantime, is there anything I can right now to maybe solve the problem my friend is having with the notebook?

Thanks!

NBR Reviewer

Default Re: dv2000 Woes - Blank screen and no video

I think this is a hardware problem, especially since you reinstalled windows. Since I'm guessing that's the case, I wouldn't do anything unless you know how to diagnosis and repair hardware malfunctions. If you just try to open it up and fix it without knowing that stuff, then you'll void your warranty = no HP support.