Quantcast HP Estimate Shipping Time Accuracy?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default HP Estimate Shipping Time Accuracy?

Hi. I ordered my HP 2500t on September 2 the estimated ship day stated was September 11, 2007. I also opted for 3 day shipping. How accurate do you believe are the dates given? Does anyone force any back orders on the model?

Thank You

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: HP Estimate Shipping Time Accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    Hi. I ordered my HP 2500t on September 2 the estimated ship day stated was September 11, 2007. I also opted for 3 day shipping. How accurate do you believe are the dates given? Does anyone force any back orders on the model?

Thank You
    Unfortunately nobody can give you an accuracy rate, it just depends if any of the parts you chose for your HP 2500t are on backorder or not, and various other variables nobody can predict.

Notebook Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post

Thank You
    Generally they over estimate the ship dates but if there are any part delays then it might push the ship date or ship right on the est date as well.

BTW the 3 day shipping is not really worth it. The regular free shipping usually takes less than that.
    Lenovo Thinkpad T400 Intel Core 2 Duo T9400, ATi HD3470/Intel GMA X4500, 160GB Intel 320 SSD/320GB Fujitsu MHZ2320BH G2 5400rpm HDD, 4GB DDR3 1066, 14.1" WXGA+ CCFL, Windows 8 Pro x64
    HP Pavilion DM1-3000 AMD E350, AMD HD6310, 320GB Seagate Momentus 7200rpm HDD, 3GB DDR3 1066, 11.6" WXGA LED, Mint 14

Notebook Consultant

yeah, dude, u screwed yourself buying that 3 day shipping, they automatically upgrade it to 3 day for all orders (almost always)

Notebook Evangelist

i guess you could call and revert it to standard shipping? what do you guys think?

Alex

Notebook Deity

From my experience with HP, having bought 3 laptops from them, you should never pay for the upgraded 2 day shipping because you get it anyway. Every time I've purchased a laptop from them its shipping only took 2 business days and I've never purchased the upgraded shipping. So for future buyers of HP, never pay for the upgraded shipping, because you will get it anyways, they just do that to try and make some more money.

For the time they estimate to build it:
    HP always gives themselves extra time in case of a shortage of parts or any complications that might arise. From my experience and having heard from others, most of the times you will have already received the laptop before the estimated ship date they give you. The last laptop I ordered was on August 27 and I received it on the 5th, where the estimated ship date when I bought the laptop was the 10th.
    Last edited by Envision; 10th September 2007 at 01:13 AM.

Banned

between now and then anything can happen that can delay the shipping date

Notebook Consultant

Mine were exactly the same. But when I checked this morning, my notebook was already shipped!

So happy right now.

Notebook Evangelist

i ordered on the 8th should expect it by the 18.. will post arrival date when i get it

Alex

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Gamja View Post
    Mine were exactly the same. But when I checked this morning, my notebook was already shipped!

So happy right now.
    If it was shipped out today you should receive it no later then Thursday, but most likely you'll receive it on Wednesday.

The last couple times I ordered a laptop from HP I received it a couple days before the estimate ship date. I can only hope this happens for all of you and for the laptop I ordered last Wednesday on Sep 5th, the estimated ship date is the 14th, but I'm hoping to get it by Friday this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast