Quantcast if i do a recovery will my data in D partition will be deleted too ?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default if i do a recovery will my data in D partition will be deleted too ?

i have 2 partition on my laptop
    C for the system and D for data
    so if i do recovery from hp's recovery dvd will my data on D will be deleted too ?

Thanks
    sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by Sniveler; 29th March 2007 at 01:55 AM.

ZaZ
    Super Model

Default Re: if i do a recovery will my data in D partition will be deleted too ?

No it will not. The recovery discs create the D partition, from there the system is restored.

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: if i do a recovery will my data in D partition will be deleted too ?

yea i was wondering the same thing, here's my deal, i deleted the recovery partition awhile back because i made the recovery disc, and when i had to use the disc, my pc gave me an error saying that my pc didnt support the recovery disc that i had. so i called hp and got their recovery disc (vista premium) sent to me.

so finally i was able to restore my pc with the disc to its factory setting, but it never created the partition for me, even during the recovery state, it said that it will make THAT recovery partition on my HD. after completion, i only see the primary drive. (C: drive) but i'm not too worried cause i have the recovery disc that hp sent.. just some heads up on my experience to recovering the laptop

hey sniveler, let me know how it goes.
    HP Pavillion dv2000t

Intel Core 2 Duo 7200
    Nvidia GeForce Go 7200
    2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 system RAM
    120 GB hard drive
    14.1" Brightview CMO w/webcam
    wireless + bluetooth
    Windows Vista

and my lancer evo ix

NBR Super Moderator

Back all your stuff up just in case...if anyone is wrong...
    Desktop   15" Macbook Pro Retina
    W7 Ultimate, Core i7 4770k, Crucial M500 240GB SSD   
    16GB RAM, GTX 780, 3x Dell U2412M Surround
       Mavericks, Core i7 4750HQ, 8GB RAM
       256GB SSD, 32GB iPad Air

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by evoix View Post
    yea i was wondering the same thing, here's my deal, i deleted the recovery partition awhile back because i made the recovery disc, and when i had to use the disc, my pc gave me an error saying that my pc didnt support the recovery disc that i had. so i called hp and got their recovery disc (vista premium) sent to me.

so finally i was able to restore my pc with the disc to its factory setting, but it never created the partition for me, even during the recovery state, it said that it will make THAT recovery partition on my HD. after completion, i only see the primary drive. (C: drive) but i'm not too worried cause i have the recovery disc that hp sent.. just some heads up on my experience to recovering the laptop

hey sniveler, let me know how it goes.
    evoix i don't think i want to do the recovery if my data in D partition is deleted

i'm to lazy to backup my data (burn it into DVD) on D coz it will take many hours to do the backup >.<
    Last edited by Sniveler; 29th March 2007 at 02:03 AM.