Quantcast HP G60 Turns on-Black Screen

Closed Thread

Default HP G60 Turns on-Black Screen

I have an HP G60-247cl Laptop that will turn on, and the fan is running. However, the screen is blank and there seems to be no response from the keyboard or mouse, and an external monitor will not work either.

Could this be a lid switch issue, or am I in for bigger problems?
    If it is the switch, where is it located, and how much trouble is it to get to?

Please help...

Notebook Deity

Default Re: HP G60 Turns on-Black Screen

I will bet you a bucket of chicken you have an Nvidia GPU. If you do, odds are, your GPU just died, and you just joined the "NVIDIA FLUFFERED ME" club, it currently has about 1,000,000 members.

Call up HP and tell them your situation and tell them your Nvidia GPU died on you.... see what they can do for you. If you're still under warranty, they will fix it for you. If not, they probably will charge $400 or so. Make a big fuss with them that Nvidia issued paid out billions, and that they should fix it for you free or charge....
    HP Pavilion DM4 || i5-430m | 6GB DDR3 | 750GB 7200RPM | ATI 5450 ||

HP w2207h 22in | Klipsch Image S4 | Logitech MX1100 | HP Photosmart All-in-One |

Notebook Guru

Have to tried to hook this to a external monitor? If you hook it to a external monitor and get nothing, you have a GPU problem. If you get video, then the problem is somewhere else.

im having the same issue mine wont load.. not even an external monitor(i have been using one for the last few months.

Banned

aww thats terrible, G60 laptops are tanks. If the laptop turns on and the screen just isnt going on then there is something wrong with the video hardware I would think. The G60 I have used only has intel hd so if that is the case then who knows. It would most likely be??

KLF
    NBR Super Modernator

Quote Originally Posted by Xpl0ded View Post
    I have an HP G60-247cl Laptop that will turn on, and the fan is running. However, the screen is blank and there seems to be no response from the keyboard or mouse, and an external monitor will not work either.

Could this be a lid switch issue, or am I in for bigger problems?
    If it is the switch, where is it located, and how much trouble is it to get to?

Please help...
    When laptop is running, take out the battery and power cord so it shuts down. Then plug them back and turn laptop on. Does it work now?

Sometimes powersaving screws itself and leaves computer in zombie-like state. When you shut it down by pressing the power button or close the lid computer just hibernates the "zombie" state and resumes that when turned on.

The other option: that model does have Nvidia 8200 GPU. Too bad.
    ( HP G60-247CL Notebook, 2.1GHz, 320GB HD, 16" LCD - Sam's Club )
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack scouts on fire off the shoulder of Well6. I watched sentryguns glitter in the dark near the 2fort4 gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

When laptop is running, take out the battery and power cord so it shuts down. Then plug them back and turn laptop on. Does it work now?

This WORKED beautifully!!! Thanks soooo much!!