Quantcast *HP EliteBook 8530p/w Owners Lounge * - Page 37

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 769
  1. #361
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    how do I get the volume on on my new hp I see the volume bar and lite but can't fig how to turn the volume up also how to adjust the brightness of the screen Thanks

  2. #362
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    I sent in my 8530p for repair to fix two issues. One was the lid snaps open on impact when placing it on a hard surface and the other was the power adapter where it connects to the notebook keeps falling off just for small movements while in the lap. I called in for status and was told they didn't find anything to repair and its fine. I got it back and now have a couple of issues -

    - the laptop surface is scratched at a couple of places
    - During boot it displays this message - BIOS does not support the current stepping for processorFB
    - the laptop now has a 2.0 GHz processor instead of a 2.53 Ghz processor
    - scrolling doesnt work. Screen keeps refreshing line by line.

    I called in and was told to send it in again. I asked if I can return or get a replacement if the issues are not fixed even when I send it back for the second time. Was asked to call 800-334-5144 and talk to a supervisor.

    Seriously disappointed what with this being an Elite notebook and all. Sorry I bought it. I would ideally like to return it and if not get a new replacement. Since I am out of the one month return period what would be the best thing to do at this point. Please help.

    Interestingly the repair summary sheet says this -

    - identified an issue with casing(palm rest, screw corners, feet, etc.) and so replaced it.

    - identified an issue with system board and replaced it

    - identified an issue with CPU and replaced it.

    If the CPU/system board/casing have an issue in the first four months what kind of an elite notebook is this.

  3. #363
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    Quote Originally Posted by nb6000t View Post
    I sent in my 8530p for repair to fix two issues. One was the lid snaps open on impact when placing it on a hard surface and the other was the power adapter where it connects to the notebook keeps falling off just for small movements while in the lap. I called in for status and was told they didn't find anything to repair and its fine. I got it back and now have a couple of issues -

    - the laptop surface is scratched at a couple of places
    - During boot it displays this message - BIOS does not support the current stepping for processorFB
    - the laptop now has a 2.0 GHz processor instead of a 2.53 Ghz processor
    - scrolling doesnt work. Screen keeps refreshing line by line.

    I called in and was told to send it in again. I asked if I can return or get a replacement if the issues are not fixed even when I send it back for the second time. Was asked to call 800-334-5144 and talk to a supervisor.

    Seriously disappointed what with this being an Elite notebook and all. Sorry I bought it. I would ideally like to return it and if not get a new replacement. Since I am out of the one month return period what would be the best thing to do at this point. Please help.

    Interestingly the repair summary sheet says this -

    - identified an issue with casing(palm rest, screw corners, feet, etc.) and so replaced it.

    - identified an issue with system board and replaced it

    - identified an issue with CPU and replaced it.

    If the CPU/system board/casing have an issue in the first four months what kind of an elite notebook is this.
    Lets call it the 'crapbook'.
    i have heard some complaints about the lid locking mechanism, but that? During Repair? That surely is a big messup on their part considering the CPU swap, and the laptop's condition afterwards. It appears that HP hasn't been doing what their supposed to do regarding the recent problems; and according to a customer service rankings, HP was dead last in a # of qualities.
    -Thinkpad ordered 9/23/09 -Shipped 9/25/09 Delivered 9/29/09
    -Thinkpad T500
    P8400, WSXGA+, 2GB DDR3, 160 GB, ATI, 9 cell, Bl, FP
    All for under $800 Give the lenovo outlet a look peeps

  4. #364
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    Quote Originally Posted by vols_xx View Post

    PS: Do you guys have found an updated Catalyst driver for the Radeon 3650? I tried Driverheaven but it does not work for the 9 Series.
    Try the Mobility Modder with the updated executable. The normal desktop Radeon drivers seem to work really well with the Mobile Radeon HD3650, and even throttling is supported for power saving.


    It should be noted that HP did modify the lid locking mechanism. I had quite a few Elitebooks exchanges and my latest 8530p seems to have the lid locking mech fixed. I no longer need to use a lot of force to close the notebook nor does the lid pop open during transport.

    .Elitebook Division

  5. #365
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    Quote Originally Posted by zyber sniper View Post

    It should be noted that HP did modify the lid locking mechanism. I had quite a few Elitebooks exchanges and my latest 8530p seems to have the lid locking mech fixed. I no longer need to use a lot of force to close the notebook nor does the lid pop open during transport.
    Can you provide any input on who to talk to and how to either return the notebook or get a new replacement. Thanks. Appreciate your help.

  6. #366
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    Quote Originally Posted by nb6000t View Post
    Can you provide any input on who to talk to and how to either return the notebook or get a new replacement. Thanks. Appreciate your help.
    I forgot the exact link, but I talked to someone on the HP business support forums and many users were complaining about the Elitebook's locking mechanism. It is way more serious with the 6930p but the problem also exists on some 8530 models. It seems that the tech support who posted a reply on the forum stated that some of the locking pegs at the top of the monitor were made a little too short for the lid to remain securely locked in place. He said HP was aware of the problem (as early as early Dec IIRC) and that they would replace the locking mech if anyone brought in their notebooks complaining of the problem.

    I had mine replaced (and HP promised unlimited replacements until satisfaction guaranteed) after talking to their sales manager for the business support channel. However, I was mainly complaining about the CPU whine.

    .Elitebook Division

  7. #367
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    Interestingly the repair summary sheet says this -

    - identified an issue with casing(palm rest, screw corners, feet, etc.) and so replaced it.

    - identified an issue with system board and replaced it

    - identified an issue with CPU and replaced it.

    If the CPU/system board/casing have an issue in the first four months what kind of an elite notebook is this.
    If you ask me they just repaired your laptop according to a repair plan for another laptop. Probably someone else sent in his laptop with cpu problems and got his locking mechanism and power plug repaired.

  8. #368
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    I got a new graphics card as well(mine is ATI HD 3650) and here is what HP has to say about it -
    Hello,

    Please see the below from the repair site:

    According to our quality department the customer did get the a 2.53 GHz processor part # 481648-001which is what the MLB required part # 513850-001 which is what was replaced in the unit and this information was verified by the Engineering department. The MLB that was placed in the unit is a valid HP alternate for the unit. If the customer is want this issue fix we would required the unit to be sent in for the adjustment. Please advise if it will be sent back.

    Thank you,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cpu.JPG   graphics.JPG  

  9. #369
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    Quote Originally Posted by Baxman View Post
    Hello

    As I mentioned earlier in this thread I had some problems with the performance of some programs on my 8530p. When I got my new notebook I wiped the entire HD using the Disk Sanitizer program (HP support suggested this) and then installed XP with the installation disk that was supplied from HP. I installed all drivers from the HP driver disk and updated to SP3 from MS Update. However, some of the programs I installed performed really bad (sluggish, strange timing issues an so on) and I spent many hours of reinstalling, program manufacturer support but no luck.

    I started to suspect the SpeedStep function of the CPU and discoverd that if I had an application running that keept the CPU busy (not let it speedstep down) the timings in my program worked fine. Since it is not possible to deactivate the SpeedStep function in the HP BIOS I could not really test my theory. A user in another forum suggested me to try the AMD dual core fix: add the /usepmtimer setting in my boot.ini file and suddenly everything work OK!!!

    I am curious, am I really the only one that has faced this issue with 8530p?

    All of you 8530p users who have installed Win XP, havn't you faced some strange behaviour after installing the Win XP?

    Link to MS hotfix that 'fixed' my issues:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895980

    Regards

    Baxman
    I had to add the /usepmtimer switch in my boot.ini file as well, thank you for the tip! Without the /usepmtimer switch things like navigating the start menu were excruciatingly slow.

  10. #370
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: HP Elitebook 8530p/w

    Hello all,

    This week I received a new HP 8530p (KS045UT) that I purchased from Buy.com. On first look, this is a beautiful machine, with a solid feel. But upon booting it up, I am very disappointed with the quality of the monitor. It looks very dull and dim. Colors are not vibrant, and whites are light gray -- not white.

    I chatted with HP support and they suggested installing the Vista Business OS and then all updates to pull the most recent video driver and I see no difference.

    Also, at highest res (1680 by 1050 pixels) the characters are crisp and clean (still dull and dim). But IMO, they're way too small for this 15.4" monitor. I also have an HP DV5t which side-by-side (both set at 1280 by 800 pixels) is much brighter and the characters are more crisp/better defined than on the 8530p.

    As somewhat of a compromise, I've found 1440 by 900 pixels to be the most comforting on the eyes, but still...i'm very disappointed with this monitor.

    Is this a problem that some of you have had, or is my unit defective? What resolutions do you have your 8530p's set at?

    Any input that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.


    PS. Yes, I have increased the screen brightness to the max. Also, I just downloaded PC Wizard, and it identifies my monitor as a "N154Z1-L01".
    Last edited by fatrak; 27th March 2009 at 08:28 AM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1