Quantcast Memory stick pro duo stuck in my Toshiba M55! Help!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Slobbers on subnotebooks

Default Memory stick pro duo stuck in my Toshiba M55! Help!

I had just stupidly assumed that my Toshiba Satellite M55 would accept Duo memory sticks but it doesn't and now its stuck in there and I cant shake the thing out!

What can I do? I'm afraid of dissembling my notebook as I ruined another of my notebooks by dissembling it and somehow messing up.

Can I use tweezers or something to get it out or do I have to open up the notebook?

Help!!!
    Steam: nerdydesi

HP DV6-6910US

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Memory stick pro duo stuck in my Toshiba M55! Help!

Hiya yeah with my first laptop, my Toshiba M50, I did the same! I manage to get it out with a tiny long tweezer, but just be very careful and make sure its switched off! Good luck!
    Previously owned 1) Toshiba Sattellite M50 2) Asus A6000 Series, 3) G1 Asus Gaming Laptop, 4) Asus M50VC-AS001C 5) Asus G50V-AK089C Gaming Laptop 6) for travel - Asus Eee 1001HA 7) Asus N61JQ 8) Asus G73JH-TZ008V
    currently proud owner of 9) Asus G74S 3D 12GB RAM

Slobbers on subnotebooks

Okay thanks, now I gotta go and find some tweezers!

Dang it!! I just got the memory stick half an hour ago and I just take it out pop it in my laptop and its stuck! This sucks!!

I hope it can come out!!!

HP DV6-6910US

Notebook Evangelist

I done something stupid like that too...

This is what I did: I used a peice of thick paper cut into a long rectangle finger. I slide this underneath the MS duo with the other end sticking out. You can then angle your laptop until it just slides out. If that doesn't work you can use a bit of sticky tape. Hold one end and try to stick the top of the MS then gently pull out (the other piece of paper is still underneath). Worked for me.
    | Asus V6 Series (V6VA) | Pentium-M 770 (2.13GHz) | 2GB Corsair DDR2 533Mhz| Hitachi 7k80 80GB 7200rpm | 15" SXGA+ IPS CrystalShine ColorShine | ATI MR x700 | Upgraded to Atheros a/b/g/g+ | DVD-RAM RW+/- | 1.1inch thin | 5.5lbs |

I thought Linux was going to be tough!
    Linux took me 30 mins to setup but windoze took me over 2 hours.

Slobbers on subnotebooks

Okay, I really think there's a divine force out there.

The card was deep deep inside and I tried to use a knife and tweezers but it just wouldn't come out. I gave up and went away frustrated, came back to try once more and the card was already sticking a bit out of the notebook! So I just easily pulled it out. Thanks god!

HP DV6-6910US

NBR Lead Moderator

Make sure that your notebook is off as stated, but also take the battery out and push the power button once or twice to drain any of the electricity still in there. Can't hurt to be extra careful.
    NotebookReview Writer & Reviewer
    hp EliteBook 8740w 17" DreamColor 2 1920x1200, Win 8.1 Pro, Core i5-560M, ATI FirePro M7820, 8GB RAM, 120GB Intel 320 SSD, 1.5TB Hitachi 5K1500, Intel 6300 WLAN; Oct 2010 - Present
    Guides to... Choosing a Warranty for your Laptop | SSD Upgrades | How to... Unbox and Quality Check a New Laptop | Clean a Notebook | Upgrade Laptop Memory | Setup a Power Plan in Win 7/8 | Backup Files using SyncToy

man, this forum just saved my . i did exacly what "ez2remember" said. But i had to put it in the thing. i couldn't put it underneath. And my notebook is an Acer, i bought in brazil. so cool. tks very much!

Whooa... seems a few of us have this problem as well... Just rescued my sansdisk MS pro duo from my Acer TM 4150 with a little help from ez2remember's advice, but with a little modification:

I folded a piece of paper into a long strip thick enough to slide on top of the MS, to make it press against the top surface of the slot. Couldn't get it underneath like paulacolip. When that couldn't move the thing out, I took 3M scotch tape and wrapped it around the paper strip, facing outwards so it would grip the MS so I could guide it out. My laptop was on all the time, BTW, and I waited a while for the heat to stick the tape before pulling it out. Phew!

Bad design... why the hell does it get stuck if the MS Pro insigna is on the card reader??!! it's supposed to fit! Had no problem taking in and out my SD card...

Gonna put in my 2 cents here :O

ez2remember's advice worked for me I couldn't find any tweezers small enough to remove the mem stick. I took a small strip of tape small enough to get into the slot, slipped it in above the mem stick, and then slipped in an equally-sized piece of folded paper above the tape to mash the tape onto the memory stick duo. Then I slowly pulled it up and out

Really, they need to put eject buttons on these things or something...

You guys have just saved my life, so I just signed up to say thankyou SO much! Was playing around on my dads brand new Toshiba M55 Satellite. I, like everyone else here, saw the memory stick duo symbol and slotted my card in to upload my holiday pics to facebook. The thing got stuck very deep and it was only thanks to the brilliance of the sticky tape and paper method that i managed to get it out. I got a strip of paper, stuck the tape to the bottom so a bit was poking out at the end, slotted this in the card reader and after a bit of prodding and poking I could pull the memory stick back out. My dad would have gone mental if I'd jammed up his card reader after having his laptop for a week, so thank you for saving me a lot of grief and years of apologies!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast