Quantcast Samsung R519, power on but nothing came

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Samsung R519, power on but nothing came

I was working on my laptop yesterday when suddenly the screen went blank. The laptop wasn't responding, so I held down the power button to force it to switch off. Now the laptop won't boot up. The battery charge light is on and when I switch it on the power light comes on. The other light just briefly flashes on. I can see the fan runs a few seconds and stopped and never runs again. Any ideas? The laptop is only 12 months old!

Any ideas would be greateful.

Thank you

Wisdom listens quietly...

Default Re: Samsung R519, power on but nothing came

Try unplugging the machine from the wall - remove the battery and press each and every key/button switch on it a few times (each).

You can also try to re-seat the RAM modules and also the HDD, optical drive and any other cards (wan/bluetooth, etc.) that you can get to.

Leave the system with no power or battery installed for a few hours.

When you put in the battery again, plug in the power and see if it charges the battery.

Assuming that the charging part of the system works - let it continue charging until you have an indication that it is fully charged and then see if it boots up for you.

Good luck.

Notebook Enthusiast

Dear tilleroftheearth

thanks for your info. I have followed your steps. I have power on first time, then it comes on the screen but after some times, it frozen and couldnt go ahead. then I have switched off using the power button. and I tried next time but same nothing comes on screen. the fan not running at all.

Is any other ideas to solve this ?

thank you

Wisdom listens quietly...

When you tried it the 'next time'... did you remove power/battery and let it sit there again for a few hours?

I am guessing that either your power adaptor brick or your motherboard is damaged somehow.

Try to boot the system with only a single stick of RAM installed (try both slots too, with each stick...). Try to boot with a USB or CD/DVD Ubuntu Live CD (to check for O/S corruption...). Try just going into the BIOS and seeing if the system can idle there stable - if it can, does it show temperatures and/or fan speeds? Maybe a fan or two has kicked the bucket.

Try to get/test/borrow an identical power adaptor to see if that solves your issue. If all of the above fail to give any relief, I would be looking for a new system (and not looking to 'revive' this system with the chance for it to fail again).

Good luck.