Quantcast PLL Pinmod Overclocking Methods and Examples - Page 119

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1440
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PLL Pinmod Overclocking Methods and Examples

Default Re: PLL Pinmod Overclocking Methods and Examples

hi
    i have a hp mini 5101, with intel 945gme chipset, atom n280 cpu running with 166mhz fsb. Clock generator is a ics9lprs3165 and TME enabled(byte 9 is 65).
    i want to downclocking the fsb to 133 or 100mhz.
    i thing i need to do first pll mod to disable tme, but becouse my pll is not in setfsb list , im not sure if it will work after the mod. need i do try and error or anybody know more about it. tks
    i attach pll schematic if it helps..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clockgen1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_ View Post
    I just connected the second resistor which come out from pin 4 to ground with 10K ohm resistor, doesn't need to cut the original resistor's leg from board
    the system starts normally, and I can use setfsb
    I have 2x1 Gb Samsung mem @ 667mhz and the laptop has an integrated video chip, X3100
    I think because of x3100 I cannot reach higher fsb than 233mhz , where mem runs @388mhz
    when I slow down my mem to work @533mhz with taiphoon burner
    I can reach 245mhz fsb where mem runs around @330mhz
    I also flashed a modded bios which has eist unlocked, so I can use TS to achive the extra multiplier
    now my system runs with T300 @245 x 11 = 2695mhz with dual-ida enabled
    thanks for this topic!
    here is the stable result @240mhz
    I use setfsb auto tool for oc at win7 startup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Result.jpg  

Hi. In my acer aspire 5740g installed clockers is slg8sp585, it can be overclock ? In SetFsb bytу-9h bit-6 shows there is a 1 - TME blocking? His package MLF32-pin. Thanks in advance.

I use the Google translator.
    Last edited by MotoVlad; 21st January 2012 at 07:12 AM.

Notebook Evangelist

hmm i want to ask as well... my PLL is also SLG8SP585V, but setfsb shows PLL Control Registers empty. And im not clear how to use setPLL nor its examples? Is it possible to OC like this?
    Asus N56VZ (i5-3210M, GT650M DDR3)

melthd
    Hello. I setfsb the diagnosis shows pll registers properly. I found a way how to overclock slg8sp585 . His Core i3 330m already dispersed to 150Mhz on the bus. How to bring all to mind, be sure to share a way to write a pll file to program setpll.
    Last edited by MotoVlad; 24th January 2012 at 09:57 AM.

Banned

There is a contest to choose the best thread of which this one is a candidate :- The NBR Amazing Content Contest

Please consider voting for this thread

I replaced my Acer 5920 which has pll pinmodded and now I have and Hp8710p.
    Now I want to confirm the succesfull overclock of my Hp8710p!
    Under the touchpad there are an unused 24pin connector.
    As Nando explained before reagarding 2510p/2710p this is a kind of test/debugg port on Hp's.
    I simply jumped pin1 & pin2 together which allows setfsb to program the pll, which is ICS9LPRS355.
    Now my T8300 runs @ 2,9Ghz with 243Mhz fsb, my ddr2-667 runs @ 803Mhz!
    The notebook contains a quadro nvs 320m, which runs @ 700/1400/800.
    This setup /generally 20% oc/ gives Dirt3 @ 1280 x 720, medium setting, 2xMSAA 46fps average, which is pretty good from a notebook. I will post pics later.
    The only porblem what I have when I set up anything in setfsb, everything works normally and restart the notebook, sometimes it doesn't boot, sometimes it can't see the hdd, I need to unplug the battery.
    When I run the setfsb oc off before the restart, which is gaven by the author of setfsb auto tool, the laptop restarts normally and everything is ok.
    Do You have any idea about this?
    I think its just a part of some safety energy management what Hp gaves, the machine has a vpro chipset inside.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_ View Post
    I replaced my Acer 5920 which has pll pinmodded and now I have and Hp8710p.
    Now I want to confirm the succesfull overclock of my Hp8710p!
    Under the touchpad there are an unused 24pin connector.
    As Nando explained before reagarding 2510p/2710p this is a kind of test/debugg port on Hp's.
    I simply jumped pin1 & pin2 together which allows setfsb to program the pll, which is ICS9LPRS355.
    Now my T8300 runs @ 2,9Ghz with 243Mhz fsb, my ddr2-667 runs @ 803Mhz!
    The notebook contains a quadro nvs 320m, which runs @ 700/1400/800.
    This setup /generally 20% oc/ gives Dirt3 @ 1280 x 720, medium setting, 2xMSAA 46fps average, which is pretty good from a notebook. I will post pics later.
    The only porblem what I have when I set up anything in setfsb, everything works normally and restart the notebook, sometimes it doesn't boot, sometimes it can't see the hdd, I need to unplug the battery.
    When I run the setfsb oc off before the restart, which is gaven by the author of setfsb auto tool, the laptop restarts normally and everything is ok.
    Do You have any idea about this?
    I think its just a part of some safety energy management what Hp gaves, the machine has a vpro chipset inside.
    Awesome! Someone has confirmed the debug pin1+2 can TME_unlock at least one of the Santa Rosa HP Compaq notebooks. Yes, I have experienced problems with the system restarting after OCing the notebook. Could be the greater FSB will not allow the SATA controller to reset. One way to correct that is to bring the system back to stock FSB. I didn't bother with any of that.. just shutdown the system then hit the power button to restart it.

There is a dual-IDA bios for the 8710P (see sig), gaining an extra multiplier. So using Throttlestop you could potentially get 13x243=3.16Ghz. The 45nm Penryns have heaps of headroom so it certainly should be possible to get over 3Ghz at the very least.

If RAM is your OC wall then consider modding one RAM's stick's SPDTable with an increased CAS to gain more FSB overclockability.
    Last edited by User Retired 2; 31st January 2012 at 05:06 AM.

Good days guys. I need some shed of light about my m11x r1 pinmod(ICS 9LPRS387BKLF). I finally able to connect a resistor to pin14 and use setfsb(with code from Abo.) and im confuse what is the next step to OC my M11x??? I slide Setfsb to 285 and each time i restart my laptop freeze or unable to boot properly. Is there anything that i missed? Do i need to buy a new Ram with lower latency? THanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by nando4 View Post
    Awesome! Someone has confirmed the debug pin1+2 can TME_unlock at least one of the Santa Rosa HP Compaq notebooks. Yes, I have experienced problems with the system restarting after OCing the notebook. Could be the greater FSB will not allow the SATA controller to reset. One way to correct that is to bring the system back to stock FSB. I didn't bother with any of that.. just shutdown the system then hit the power button to restart it.

There is a dual-IDA bios for the 8710P (see sig), gaining an extra multiplier. So using Throttlestop you could potentially get 13x243=3.16Ghz. The 45nm Penryns have heaps of headroom so it certainly should be possible to get over 3Ghz at the very least.

If RAM is your OC wall then consider modding one RAM's stick's SPDTable with an increased CAS to gain more FSB overclockability.
    Nando, thanks for your reply!
    I tried many things...shut down the machine and then restart, same error...
    I need to unplug the battery again...
    So I choose to use the setfsb oc off tool, before restart or shut down.
    i don't think it's because the higher fsb...when I downclock the cpu same things happen...but it's not a problem, I can live with the oc off tool
    I also flashed the dual-ida capable bios, I've got 3,16Ghz, but it's not stable...
    Orthos gaves an error shortly, it doesn't matter which vid was set up
    I tried to lower the fsb to achive stable 3Ghz at least, but Orthos gives error again. I decided not to use dual-ida, I use the T8300@2,9Ghz, mem@802Mhz.
    Today I will write cas 6 to the ddr2-667Mhz table to gain more stability.
    Now I use Win7x64, so I cannot use Thaiphoon burner
    But I will mod the spd at my friends machine
    Anyway, thanks again for everybody regarding the Tme enabled pll methods and for the dual-ida bioses as well, with these mods I can maximize my actually laptop's performance, and previously my Aspire 5920 as well.
    Nando, please referr to my post in the first post of this topic as a succesfull oc of Hp8710P!