Quantcast How to Replace keyboard on sony pcg-381m

Closed Thread

Default How to Replace keyboard on sony pcg-381m

Had too much to drink the other night and spilt glass of wine over my laptop keyboard. All i get now is a load of bleeps when io turn it on.

Anyone know how to release the keyboard so i can try cleaning it or just replace it?

Model is a sony viao pcg-381m

thanks, or should i say cheers!

Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^
    Rensselaer Polytechnic, and Huntington, NY

Default Re: How to Replace keyboard on sony pcg-381m

Usually keyboards are mounted one of three ways:
    1) their are small clips which hold the keyboard down, (they are released with a small flat head screwdriver)
    2) you need to remove the plastic bezel between the keyboard and the screen latches. Than under their, their will be a few small screws holding the keyboard down.
    3) you may have to take the whole notebook apart from the bottom up in order to remove the keyboard.

If your system is only making beeps, than most likely your motherboard fried from the liquid in the wine. Be prepared to spend some money to fix your system, cause chances are the motherboard is going to need replacing.

Next time something spills on your laptop, shut the system off immediately and remove all power sources, ac power and main battery. (That will prevent any electrical damage)

K-TRON
    Dell E1505: Intel T7600G @ 3.16GHz, 4GB PC6400, Crucial M4 512GB SSD, ATI X1400

Detroit Diesel 5.2L 6V53T with N70 injectors: 1650LBs of American Muscle (330HP @ 2650rpm, 775lb/ft @ 1600rpm) - waiting on a 51 Hudson
    1979 GMC 7000 Motorhome:
    170hp 4-53T Detroit Diesel, Spicer CM50 5250-C transmission, Eaton 2 speed rear 5.57/7.60

Licensed Mechanic for: Detroit Diesel, Deutz, General Motors, Wisconsin, Continental, Generac, Briggs and Stratton, Tecumseh, and Kohler engines.