Quantcast Avermedia A312 TV tuner.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Avermedia A312 TV tuner.

i purchased a mini pci-e card for my asus c90s laptop recently and received it today. it was shipped with windows vista drivers, but no xp drivers. the seller said xp was supported, the main site said it is also, yet i cannot find the required drivers anywhere on the web...can anyone help me?

as my post count is too low i can't link the main site for the card itself, so just type avermedia A312 on Google and select the first link you see...

Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^
    Rensselaer Polytechnic, and Huntington, NY

Default Re: Avermedia A312 TV tuner.

Here is the link you wanted to post:
    http://www.avermedia.com/AVerTV/Prod...il.aspx?Id=378

avermedia's website doesnt seem to have any listed drivers, you may want to send them an email to see if they have a driver they can email you.

K-TRON
    Dell E1505: Intel T7600G @ 3.16GHz, 4GB PC6400, Crucial M4 512GB SSD, ATI X1400

Detroit Diesel 5.2L 6V53T with N70 injectors: 1650LBs of American Muscle (330HP @ 2650rpm, 775lb/ft @ 1600rpm) - waiting on a 51 Hudson
    1979 GMC 7000 Motorhome:
    170hp 4-53T Detroit Diesel, Spicer CM50 5250-C transmission, Eaton 2 speed rear 5.57/7.60

Licensed Mechanic for: Detroit Diesel, Deutz, General Motors, Wisconsin, Continental, Generac, Briggs and Stratton, Tecumseh, and Kohler engines.

Notebook Consultant

i did and didn't receive an answer yet...that has been over a month ago.
    thanks for the link btw.

Notebook Consultant

It's OEM only supply to notebook manufcaturers, basically find a laptop that has an internal DVB-T card and go to the support site and get drivers for it eg.. some Toshiba's have that hard, maybe some HP's to

Notebook Consultant

geh...well apparently, the A301 drivers are compatible with it. now that it's installed. i don't have an application to use it...or any antenna or connectors...maybe i should have though this through...anyone has it working under vista? if so, what software works with it?
    anyways, i managed to toy around with media player classic and make it work, but all i get on tv and radio is snow....

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Atvaark View Post
    geh...well apparently, the A301 drivers are compatible with it. now that it's installed. i don't have an application to use it...or any antenna or connectors...maybe i should have though this through...anyone has it working under vista? if so, what software works with it?
    anyways, i managed to toy around with media player classic and make it work, but all i get on tv and radio is snow....
    you should of got an antenna adapter with it

Notebook Consultant

Hi,
    Is it a chance that you will send me the picture of that A312 card? or tell me what are the components used on that card (tuner,radio,etc. - Manufacturer and model number). I would like to run that card under Linux but I don't know which kernel driver to use

Notebook Consultant

you mean like show you a picture of the card itself? i don't really mind. as soon as i get enough posts to do so i'll do it.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Atvaark View Post
    you mean like show you a picture of the card itself? i don't really mind. as soon as i get enough posts to do so i'll do it.
    Would be great to get the picture

Notebook Consultant

well, i took pictures of the card but was unable to make a decent one. stupid camera has no focus option, so it's impossible to get a good close up.

i can still post the ones i took, but you won't be able to read anything else than Avermedia on it.

however i finally managed to get it to work with windows xp, using the A-301 drivers, which were compatible with it. i used the trial version of cyberlink powercinema 5 as software to use it. the device works. i made a coaxial connector using an old gps antenna and an old PlayStation rf connector. i get cable, hi def tv, and fm radio. i can plug in with another adapter an rca plug for most console systems...all this works relatively well, besides 1 major problem. i get delays. huge 3 seconds delay on every signal. meaning i can't play video games. i tried using amcap to get a faster signal but it's still delayed by a good 1.5 seconds. if your aim is to listen to radio, i guess there's not a real issue with it. if it's for tv, you'll miss frames and get audio/video sync problems. hd tv has some major frame rate issues whenever you choose anything above mono sound. video games are downright unplayable like this. and of course, you'll need to have a lot of speed available because at the default 2.4Ghz of my c90s i couldn't get any decent frame rates. i had to overclock to 2.93 to make it work decently.

bottom line? avoid that thing like the plague. i don't know what the point of getting delays in a tv tuner is, but it's really annoying. i'm going to keep browsing for another kind of tv tuner. let's hope i find something decent.

here are the pics, even though you can't read anything, i can just write down what is written on the chips underneath.[IMG] [URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img221/img0002ax2.jpg/1/]
    nothing worth writing here besides the white sticker:
    6042b006280101f6
    Avermedia A312
    SI2 Build
    Date(YY/M):073

and second one:
    [IMG] [/IMG]

the chips read like this.
    big one:Lg electronics
    LGDT3304
    P60694.00

smaller one:CY7C68013A
    56LFXC 0637
    B 04 KOR
    CYP 658719

now i presume none of these info are what you wanted. you wanted to know what chips were under the heat sink. so i opened it up and the main chip under the heat sink/thermal pad read as follows:
    Conexant
    CX25843-24Z
    0642 KOREA

and that's pretty much it. if you can find a way to solve my problem and maybe save me a few bucks on some other tv tuner I'd appreciate it.

if not...well would you be interested in buying it from me? I'd send the card, the antenna that came with it, and my custom built adapter. 10 bucks plus shipping. bought it at 30 US...
    Last edited by Atvaark; 18th November 2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: i'm dumb?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast