Quantcast How to fix power button on NV52?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Evangelist

Default How to fix power button on NV52?

My friend brought over this Gateway NV52 laptop and asked if I can help fixed it. It turns out that something is wrong with the power button? Anyone know's where I can get pictures of how to take all that apart and replace it. It won't power back up, you have to flip the LCD lid at different angles and press the power button if your'e lucky it'll fire up if not then you'll be stuck. Don't know why gateway decided to do such design power button at side of hinge. I took the screw off but can't get the LCD bezel of with out breaking the Lid? Anyone with any ideas or can suggest another quick fix pls help!
    Acer Aspire Timeline X 4830T-6678 Sandy Bridge Intel Core I-3 2370M@ 2.4 Ghz Duo Core w\Hyper Threading Technology, 320GB HDD, Intel HD 3000 up to 1760MB of shared memory, 8GB memory

Breaks Laptops

Default Re: How to fix power button on NV52?

Is it like the NV5207?

YouTube - Gateway NV52
    Gateway P6831FX -T9300 -512MB 8800M/GTS -3GB Ram - 2-WD250GB -Vista Home+SP2

Asus UL30Vt-A1 Roadie + Keyboard Mod + Intel 6300AGN + Momentus XT- uVolt .9125@1906MHz

Qosmio X775-Q7380-i5 2.4Gh/GTX 560M-192bit

11" Clevo W110ER Game Roadie + i7-3610QM + 650M/DDR3 + Prema uVolt Bios Mod

Quote Originally Posted by AlienContact View Post
    My friend brought over this Gateway NV52 laptop and asked if I can help fixed it. It turns out that something is wrong with the power button? Anyone know's where I can get pictures of how to take all that apart and replace it. It won't power back up, you have to flip the LCD lid at different angles and press the power button if your'e lucky it'll fire up if not then you'll be stuck. Don't know why gateway decided to do such design power button at side of hinge. I took the screw off but can't get the LCD bezel of with out breaking the Lid? Anyone with any ideas or can suggest another quick fix pls help!

I have the same problem, but my power button won't turn on my computer no matter what angle my screen is at. I'm trying to find out how to disable to the screen safety feature as I don't care about it.

I have open my NV52 all the way to the power switch. I cannot get the power switch to come out of the housing so I can check the connections. Any suggestions on how to get the switch out of the housing? I have removed every screw and the strip across the top of the keyboard like indicated in the video above but still can't get the power switch out.

Suggestions?