Quantcast optimus monitoring cpu/nvidia gpu temp during gaming

+ Reply to Thread
    Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Default optimus monitoring cpu/nvidia gpu temp during gaming

Hwmonitor does not show the nvidia gpu temp.

The only single app that show both is speedfan , it also has a chart function to monitor the temp history graphical though it`s limited.

Is their any other single app that does the same as speedfan.
    DON`T BLAME ME IF YOUR NOTEBOOK BLOWS UP WHILE FOLLOWING MY ADVICE, IT`S PURELY VOLUNTARY

HP Envy Rove 20-k000ea 20 inch Mobile AIO desktop PC - Plextor M5 Pro Extreme 512GB SSD SLC Enterprise Grade

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: optimus monitoring cpu/nvidia gpu temp during gaming

Realtemp is good.

For in game though Rivatuner is your best bet, or MSI afterburner, which i personally use, I don't show my CPU temp in game though as it never rises above 50 degrees with my water cooling.

Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Realtemp shows cpu/gpu temp , though it only shows min/max temp , a graph is better as it shows you how long you were at a temp before the fans rev up.

Rivatuner - MSI afterburner , not after overclocking.

thanks

John.
    DON`T BLAME ME IF YOUR NOTEBOOK BLOWS UP WHILE FOLLOWING MY ADVICE, IT`S PURELY VOLUNTARY

HP Envy Rove 20-k000ea 20 inch Mobile AIO desktop PC - Plextor M5 Pro Extreme 512GB SSD SLC Enterprise Grade

Notebook Evangelist

Your title says "monitoring cpu/nvidia gpu temp during gaming" so i gathered you wanted to know that, like i say Rivatuner and MSI afterburner have options to view GPU temp during gaming, GPU usage, fps etc, not just for overclocking.

MSI afterburner also has a graph, which is what i use.

Here is an example:

Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

I cannot seem to see an option to monitor cpu temp with MSI afterburner?

Resident Angry Bird

You have to run the game using the dedicated card, then open HWMonitor and the GPU should appear there. Had the same problem with you until I figured out that the GPU has to be initialised before it appears in HWMonitor
    Join the NBR Folding@Home Team - 213698

Apple MacBook Pro 9,1: i7-3615QM | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | 512MB GDDR5 NVidia GeForce GT650m w/ Intel HD Graphics 4000 | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 + 750GB WD Scorpio Black
    Asus N43SL: i7-2630QM | 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 2GB DDR3 NVidia GeForce GT540m w/ Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 500GB WD Scorpio Black
    Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG: i5-520m | 4GB DDR3 1066MHz | 1GB DDR3 ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5650 | 640GB WD Scorpio Blue

Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

that work great thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by too456 View Post
    You have to run the game using the dedicated card, then open HWMonitor and the GPU should appear there. Had the same problem with you until I figured out that the GPU has to be initialised before it appears in HWMonitor