Quantcast SWTOR Minimum System Requirements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default SWTOR Minimum System Requirements

OS - Windows XP, Vista/7
    CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
    RAM - Windows XP: 1.5GB Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.
    Video - ATI X1800 or better* nVidia 7800 or better* Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*
    DVD-ROM - 8x or better *Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

Notebook Deity

Default Re: SWTOR Minimum System Requirements

Source?

10 chars.
    PC: Death Star | i5-2500K | 8GB RAM | 570 GTX | 1TB HDD | Win7-64
    My precious: N61JA | i5-430M | 4GB RAM | ATI 5730m | 500GB HDD | Win7-64 || ATI 5730m: benchmark review
    Old laptop: Vostro 1500 | C2D 2.0GHz | 4GB RAM | 8600m-GT | 160GB HDD | Vista-32 || OCing 8600m-GT: Results and analysis

Notebook Enthusiast

Notebook Evangelist

Looks about right tbh, they are going to want this game to appeal to a mass market, having jacked up system specs is not going to help.
    HP 9250EA HDX
    T9300 2.5ghz
    4GB Ram
    8800m GTS
    2 X 250GB WD 5400 Rpm
    20.1" Screen

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Jasp View Post
    Looks about right tbh, they are going to want this game to appeal to a mass market, having jacked up system specs is not going to help.
    Agreed. They've openly stated that the game will be playable on a wide range of hardware (i.e. old/lower end). That's one of the reasons they've gone with a cartoony visual style; it's far less graphically intensive. Now, that doesn't mean they aren't going to put other graphical features in to make the game look great if you've got the hardware for it. Just means the barrier to entry is low enough to appeal to a larger market.

It would have been more interesting to see the recommended specifications...

My 1st generation 15" MacBook Pro from early 2006 is just barely below minimum spec for this (2 Ghz Core Duo not C2D, X1600 not X1800), so I'd figure any half decent Windows laptop of the last 4 years should be able to run this without much difficulty on at least a medium if not low setting (if you were pushing the minimum spec).

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Agreed. They've openly stated that the game will be playable on a wide range of hardware (i.e. old/lower end). That's one of the reasons they've gone with a cartoony visual style; it's far less graphically intensive. Now, that doesn't mean they aren't going to put other graphical features in to make the game look great if you've got the hardware for it. Just means the barrier to entry is low enough to appeal to a larger market.

It would have been more interesting to see the recommended specifications...

My 1st generation 15" MacBook Pro from early 2006 is just barely below minimum spec for this (2 Ghz Core Duo not C2D, X1600 not X1800), so I'd figure any half decent Windows laptop of the last 4 years should be able to run this without much difficulty on at least a medium if not low setting (if you were pushing the minimum spec).
    I like their philosophy...but the game just looks years old before it even comes out. I think my biggest issue is just how bland the game looks.
    Last edited by GeorgeOkeefa; 21st July 2011 at 05:31 PM.

Notebook Deity

So mid range computers from 2006 will be able to play this game...sounds pretty awful to me. I have a feeling this game is going to look terrible compared to its competitors like GW2.
    Acer One- Holding me over until the new Clevo release.
    Writer- WGTC

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeOkeefa View Post
    I like their philosophy...but the game just looks years old before it even comes out. I think my biggest issue is just how bland the game looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamingACU View Post
    So mid range computers from 2006 will be able to play this game...sounds pretty awful to me. I have a feeling this game is going to look terrible compared to its competitors like GW2.
    If you run anything at the minimum required system specs, then of course they're going to look horrible. WoW is circa what... 2004? On a high end machine, they throw in some bells and whistles to make it look pretty.

You can do a lot with optimizing graphic detail levels to specific performance levels. Look at Starcraft 2 on low vs on high/ultra. Same game, but look completely different.

That said, I don't think they are at all going for the same appeal in terms of graphics compared to some other MMOs that really look drop dead gorgeous. They went cartoony for whatever stylistic reasons they chose. If it holds true to BioWare traditions, the story will be the real driver for many people to play this game.

I'm playing through KOTOR1 again right now. It looks horrible, but it was just so much fun in the first place it's easy to overlook.

Notebook Virtuoso

I have tried to replay KOTOR1 5-10 times since I beat it and I can never do it. It was such a good game that every little detail stuck with me so I find it too repetitive. I hope that The Old Republic has a story on par with KOTOR2, because it obviously isn't going to be as good as KOTOR1, but I also hope the online play makes it worth keeping.

Notebook Consultant

I'm basing my judgements on the videos they've put out. I can only assume they aren't putting out marketing videos on low-end systems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast