Quantcast GTA IV, SLI support released. - Page 4

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Over Clock Master

Default Re: GTA IV, SLI support released.

Quote Originally Posted by spradhan01 View Post
    This driver sucks...
    It increased my GPU temperature to 75 degree in desktop and 85-88 while playing Prince of Persia.

I resintalled the original 180.70 and got temperature 55-58 degree in desktop and 73 max whie playing games.

U decide?
    before kiling the driver god...LOL
    it's because the powermizer options are disabled in the desktop version. and maybe something else.
    i use to love it with out, but not anymore..i always make sure the powermizer options are inserted into my inf file.

Quote Originally Posted by narsnail View Post
    haha 4 sure, i just rented WaW though, it went back today

I hope to get it for x mas though.
    yeah, me too. we did kill a few people in cod4 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dragon View Post
    the thing that makes me scratch my head is people say the shadows suck but thats the STYLE of the shadows i have this game for 360 and the shadows look exactly the same the hazing is a style......
    that constant haze fog or what ever it is over the whole city. including while your just walking out of your apartment and taking in the city from under neath the train tracks....is wack. sorry, but it just is.

i love the game, but it's a few things they could or should have improved over the ps3/xbox. the main reason why people wanted to play on pc. higher end graphics...but looks like we will be waiting about a month for that.
    M18X R2 | 3940XM | 780M SLI | 2 Samsung EVO's 256 GB | Vertex 4 512 GB | Msata 240 GB | BRDVD | 16 GB 2133 Mhz |
    RIVEBE | 4930K | Titan | 1 Vertex 4 256 | 16GB TE 2666 Mhz
    Quit jumping on examples as if they are topics! (a favorite forum mistake)

Anything Benchmarking/Over clocking/Tweaking/Gaming & Performance (located in off topic)

Notebook Virtuoso

I would love to be in jungle with a thompson rather than stuck in a city.

Quote Originally Posted by johnksss View Post
    before kiling the driver god...LOL
    it's because the powermizer options are disabled in the desktop version. and maybe something else.
    i use to love it with out, but not anymore..i always make sure the powermizer options are inserted into my inf file.

yeah, me too. we did kill a few people in cod4 though.

that constant haze fog or what ever it is over the whole city. including while your just walking out of your apartment and taking in the city from under neath the train tracks....is wack. sorry, but it just is.

i love the game, but it's a few things they could or should have improved over the ps3/xbox. the main reason why people wanted to play on pc. higher end graphics...but looks like we will be waiting about a month for that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by johnksss View Post

Lol im not supporting it im just trying to prove a point to people thats its not some graphical error or whatever that thats part of the game

Over Clock Master

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dragon View Post
    Lol im not supporting it im just trying to prove a point to people thats its not some graphical error or whatever that thats part of the game
    ROTFL! understood. because i was like tring to change every dammn setting in the game to get rid of that i got the ps3 up now looking at it. and the vehicle detail was low. looking like a 3 to a 6 if you ask me.
    M18X R2 | 3940XM | 780M SLI | 2 Samsung EVO's 256 GB | Vertex 4 512 GB | Msata 240 GB | BRDVD | 16 GB 2133 Mhz |

Anything Benchmarking/Over clocking/Tweaking/Gaming & Performance (located in off topic)

Over Clock Master

that driver is a trick. i already had sli enabled, but it kept crashing at high resolutions.. seems to work in super low res mod.

Over Clock Master

that first patch aint even the one every body is waiting for...it's to allow more controllers and some other nonsense. nothing to do with rendering them textures and other key points they really need to work on. (read this somewhere. not my words)

Notebook Deity

Dox released his optimized version of the re-release, moments ago.

Notebook Virtuoso

guys, after playing the game a lil bit more, it doesnt look half bad, the reason while the screens look crap is that they are scaled down, i'm playing @ 1440x900 SLiders at max render Quality on high and textures on mid, and getting in the range on 20's with a Single 7950GTX, and the game is barley Jagged on Native res.. but still i need some SLI support
    Alienware Area-51 m9750 ---> DEAD
    -----------
    Looking for a new gaming laptop.. mid-high end no fansy stuff, PM me for suggestions please

Notebook Virtuoso

Johnksss I have around 20-30 fps at 1680x1050 however the game does not feel smooth at all. If I had a faster CPU the game would run much better.

brainer add this to a txt file and name it commandline.txt and place it it in GTA IV folder where the exe files are.

-availablevidmem 1024 of course you have to add -norestrictions too.

Now voila you can run with textures on High without any abnormalies

Actually my GTA IV on my desktop looks awesome, much better than my Xbox 360 version. I have around 30+ fps when driving around in the night, there are these occasional dips rarely which feels like memory leaks since they can happen even if there is not much traffic at that spot at that time.

Sometimes I have all the way up to 50+ fps outside. But during daytime usually 40+ driving around

hmm there seems to be more commands I would like to see what I could do if the game is tweakable.
    Last edited by Magnus72; 12th December 2008 at 02:14 AM.
    Desktop: Core I7 2600K @4,2Ghz, 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 @ 1600 MHz, 1TB Western Digital,ASUS GTX 680 @ 1135/6072 GDDR5, 3D Mark 06:29680,3DMark11:P10117, Vantage:P30027

Dell XPS M1730, X9000 @3.8 GHz, 4GB, 8800m GTX SLI Core 640, Shaders 1600 Mem 950, 320GB Raid 0 SATA, AGEIA PHYSX, 1920x1200 WUXGA Screen. 3D Mark 06: 16668, Vantage,GPU:10556,CPU:7254,P9478,Physx disabled.

Notebook Virtuoso

so Magnus.. by bypassing the 512mb limit of my card, i should be a much decreased performance right?
    Alienware Area-51 m9750 ---> DEAD
    -----------
    Looking for a new gaming laptop.. mid-high end no fansy stuff, PM me for suggestions please

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast