Quantcast nVidia GTX 180M/GTS 160M/G 110M notebook video cards. - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: nVidia GTX 180M/GTS 160M/G 110M notebook video cards.

i Feel pwned really, they dont make New cores for laptops, they just add freakin shader processors with small amounts -.-
    Alienware Area-51 m9750 ---> DEAD
    -----------
    Looking for a new gaming laptop.. mid-high end no fansy stuff, PM me for suggestions please

Banned

they better make these before i get a laptop or i'll be pissed

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Will if you really think about it current high-end GPU's of today are way ahead of their time anyhow and can handle what you throw at them reasonably well, so there really isn't a need to push it much further until Directx11 comes out. At this point itís all about just refining/improving the existing hardware which happens to be sufficient for todayís standards. Whatís the point in releasing more and more powerful cards year after year when games and applications arenít moving at the same pace in order to push the hardware to its limits and make them obsolete?
    Well, Crysis is still a complete killer with AA, As far as I know. And there's always someone waiting to push the limits.

Realistically, Intel has been destroying AMD in the desktop and laptop sector since Conroe came out (I'm not an Intel fanboy, look at my sig) but that hasn't stopped Intel from sticking to their tick-tock schedule. I think the only that may throw them off tick-tock is potentially the economy, but I think they've learned from their mistakes and don't want to be the hare who's caught napping again. nVidia could do the same, but for the sake of competition that keeps the market vibrant and prices reasonable, I hope they don't follow Intel's lead.
    Asus G50Vt-A1 (T9400; 4GB DDR2; Geforce 9800M GS; 2x250GB HDDs RAID0), CoolerMaster Notepal∞

I can't believe I don't have a desktop any more...

Notebook Evangelist

Software still pushes graphics cards to their limit. Until any game can be maxed out with 16xAA and 16xAF and get 60+ FPS, they can still improve.

I'm hating nVidia now. They just rename and increase the clocks. They call that a series? When Intel releases a new CPU line, they change the architecture, manufacturing process, or introduce new technologies. nVidia hasn't done that for the past 2 series. We'll see what happens when 4800s are released.

How's It Made Addict

Yeah Nvidia has a bad history with naming schemes lol

Well I hope this new "series" will at least make more sense naming wise than in the past lol >.>

"When I am sad I cut myself...another piece of cake."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12