Quantcast DIY eGPU experiences - Page 857

+ Reply to Thread
Page 857 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 357757807847853854855856857858859860861867907957 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 11844
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DIY eGPU experiences

  1. #8561
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Fardavid View Post
    I could update to 295.73 without any issue. I have the same card as you.
    The Laptop Quadro 1000M has no problem updating to Verde 295.73...
    but 295.73 desktop just refuses to install for my GTX 560 TI.
    I've tried the hacked inf from laptopvideo2go and it still doesn't work.
    The installer will function as normal but at the end it will report that installer failed and I see display drivers and 3d vision drivers are not installed.

  2. #8562
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by carage View Post
    The Laptop Quadro 1000M has no problem updating to Verde 295.73...
    but 295.73 desktop just refuses to install for my GTX 560 TI.
    I've tried the hacked inf from laptopvideo2go and it still doesn't work.
    The installer will function as normal but at the end it will report that installer failed and I see display drivers and 3d vision drivers are not installed.
    Well, I don't know the reason, but I just simply dowloaded the desktop driver and installed it without any problem, whlie I was using my GTX560ti. I'm not sure if it works with internal LCD too though, as it is not modded, but I only use eGPU with my external LCD. Did you try clean install? I didn't...
    Acer Extensa T5750 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, x3100 - PE4L + 4870 1 GB - 3DMark06: 7135
    Acer Extensa T5750 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, x3100 - PE4L + GTX 560 TI OC - 3DMark06 : 4894 ???
    Fujitsu AH531 I5-2410M, 8 GB RAM, GT525M - PE4L + GTX 560 TI OC - 3DMark06: 16138, 3DVantage: 14174, 3DMark11: 4061

  3. #8563
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Fardavid View Post
    Well, I don't know the reason, but I just simply dowloaded the desktop driver and installed it without any problem, whlie I was using my GTX560ti. I'm not sure if it works with internal LCD too though, as it is not modded, but I only use eGPU with my external LCD. Did you try clean install? I didn't...
    I tried clean install, driver sweeper, same result.

  4. #8564
    Lord Pringles
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,229
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by useafo View Post
    hey kizwan,

    nvidia has just released a new driver r295, and I would like to have a modded one. Can you do it?
    Modded nvam.inf file for 32-bit & 64-bit Verde 295.73 is now available at: DIY eGPU experiences
    Dell Studio 1557 | Intel Core i7-720QM - CPU Microcode Update Rev 4 | 4GB | dGPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + eGPU: PowerColor HD 5870
    Asus A42JV/K42JV | Intel Core i5-450M | 4GB DDR3 1066MHz | nVidia GeForce GT 335M 1GB DDR3 with Optimus technology | WLED 1366x768 14"
    Phoenix BIOS MOD Request | Acer Notebook Clock Generators/PLL | Guide to BIOS mod for Dual-IDA

  5. #8565
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Should I try getting the 560 to work with my macbook by taking out one of the 4gb sticks of ram? That would leave me with 4gb, so same as your setup. And I also have Windows set up on an ssd, helps a ton with all the rebooting
    2011 Macbook Pro 13inch -- i5 2.3ghz dual core 8gb ram -- Windows 7
    EGPU: 2011 mbp -- Vidock 4plus -- NVidia 660 -- 27inch monitor
    3Dmark06 score: 14761
    2012 Mac Mini -- 3615QM quad i7 -- 8gb ram -- Windows 8 -- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3
    EGPU: 2012 Mac Mini -- Vidock 4plus -- NVidia 660 -- 27inch monitor
    3Dmark06 score: 23081

    If you play BF3, hit me up on xbox or pc:
    PC-- TheEpicBlob

  6. #8566
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    So, here are my benchmark result:

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-2410M Processor,FUJITSU FJNBB10 score: 16393 3DMarks
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-2410M Processor,FUJITSU FJNBB10 score: P13167 3DMarks
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-2410M Processor,FUJITSU FJNBB10 score: P3991 3DMarks



    UPDATE!! I had a new 3DMark11 Score of 4360, which seems quite better...

    GPU-Z showed it works at x1 2.0, so I guess it works properly, although it doesn't show a big difference. It was quite strange once, because when I moved the cursor over "Bus Interface" it changed back to x1 1.1, no idea why.
    I tried quickly Skyrim (modded as hell), but it was lagging as much as before, but perhaps it is CPU bottlenecked. On the other hand, The Witcher 2 was as smooth as never before with much higher details. Now I use the highest possible settings, and no issue. I will checked them with fraps if I'll have time.

    UPDATE:
    SWTOR (1080p, maxed out even by the client_setting.ini) - ~40 FPS
    Skyrim (1080p, maxed out + 100 mods) - ~ 40 FPS (sometimes drops to 5 FPS, but I guess due to one of the mod)
    The Witcher 2 (1080p, maxed out + ubersampling) - ~ 15-20 FPS W/O ubersampling - ~35 FPS
    Alan Wake (1080p, maxed out) - ~35-40 FPS (sometimes lags a bit)
    Last edited by Fardavid; 23rd February 2012 at 01:50 PM.
    Acer Extensa T5750 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, x3100 - PE4L + 4870 1 GB - 3DMark06: 7135
    Acer Extensa T5750 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, x3100 - PE4L + GTX 560 TI OC - 3DMark06 : 4894 ???
    Fujitsu AH531 I5-2410M, 8 GB RAM, GT525M - PE4L + GTX 560 TI OC - 3DMark06: 16138, 3DVantage: 14174, 3DMark11: 4061

  7. #8567
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by kizwan View Post
    Hi,

    Quadro 600 is Fermi-base graphic card, so Optimus is possible. Your score is low. Look like Nvidia Optimus is not engaged. If you're interested, please try this modified INF file:-

    Nvidia Verde 64-bit (Vista/7)
    Nvidia Verde 295.73: nvam.inf 1 is there a new downloadlink? for 2 houres the file was on mediafire

  8. #8568
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicBlob View Post
    Should I try getting the 560 to work with my macbook by taking out one of the 4gb sticks of ram? That would leave me with 4gb, so same as your setup. And I also have Windows set up on an ssd, helps a ton with all the rebooting
    you can try that. one thing you can do is, based off of my MMIO map, figure out which devices you need to disable to make room for your nvidia egpu. you and i have the same gpu, and you can break the MMIO region for the 560 into 3 distinct memory ranges. figure out what the minimum contiguous memory range that is necessary for one of these and figure out if you have areas in your MMIO range you can free up.

  9. #8569
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Can you tell me the number of your bios? My T410 can not detect the graphic card.

  10. #8570
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: DIY eGPU experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by borealiss View Post
    you can try that. one thing you can do is, based off of my MMIO map, figure out which devices you need to disable to make room for your nvidia egpu. you and i have the same gpu, and you can break the MMIO region for the 560 into 3 distinct memory ranges. figure out what the minimum contiguous memory range that is necessary for one of these and figure out if you have areas in your MMIO range you can free up.
    Ok thanks. I checked your MMIO map, but I don't seem to have a "Memory Tree" in device manager. Any idea how I could solve that problem?
    2011 Macbook Pro 13inch -- i5 2.3ghz dual core 8gb ram -- Windows 7
    EGPU: 2011 mbp -- Vidock 4plus -- NVidia 660 -- 27inch monitor
    3Dmark06 score: 14761
    2012 Mac Mini -- 3615QM quad i7 -- 8gb ram -- Windows 8 -- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3
    EGPU: 2012 Mac Mini -- Vidock 4plus -- NVidia 660 -- 27inch monitor
    3Dmark06 score: 23081

    If you play BF3, hit me up on xbox or pc:
    PC-- TheEpicBlob

  11.  

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.
    Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
    Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
    SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1