Quantcast DIY eGPU experiences - Page 232

+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332732 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 11820
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DIY eGPU experiences

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: DIY ViDock Experiences

nando, thank you for the updated toolkit!
    I have a question - I'm still trying to get my vaio z13 working with gtx 460 without switching the laptop to the sleep mode. I've used RW-everything to get a memory dump from the working video card, the dump is 4kb only. If I'm getting the dump using the memory address proposed by DIY Vidock Setup, the RW tool always returns random data. So I loaded the normal dump, nvflash was able to detect the video card, but windows still freezes and shows the blank screen. I've tried the pci compaction (several ways, but I don't think it's really useful in my case) - no luck
    What I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by docusync; 10th December 2010 at 02:06 AM.

Notebook Enthusiast

I'm have no idea why my benchmark scores are so low. 3GB vs 4GB RAM? Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit? Is there any info I can post that might help diagnose it?

Regardless, I'm happy now that Optimus works. Without it my 3DMark06 score is only 5156

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Nautis View Post
    Glad to see people trying their hand at modding with the help of my instructions.

I have been hard at work today with Alienware M11xR2 members of this community and it appears that we may have gotten 265.90 working with Optimus. 265.90 includes many internal changes for Optimus and includes a fix for punkbuster protected games. After a bit more testing I am going to mod it up for Optimus Retrofit use with DIY ViDock.
    Natuis, for some reason when I restart the laptop, almost all elements from the NVidia Control Panel main menu (like PhysX, etc.) disappear. But PhysX is still working, the video card performance is always same... I have the full main menu when the 260.99 driver just installed (did it several times to make sure this is not a coincidence), but everything except of 4 major items will be gone as soon as I boot the laptop next time. Not sure why? Have I forgotten something in the INF file?

Notebook Enthusiast

I edited the last !edit config on grub4dos to change my disk partition root, i just edited the very last line, i think it's alright cause it actually lets me chainload to windows but i'm really having hard time trying to chainload to w7 when i do the 256mb allocation.

Can anybody offer some advice?

Also my System recognizes the gpu NVdia 460 either booting the computer normally or standby/plugging it. However it does show the dreaded "code 43" which nando thinks it's actually because i can't chainload properly.

UPDATE: I tried 32-bit allocation with external graphics ignored. SUCCESS it chainloaded perfectly and i can now play games with Internal LCD with Optimus drivers 258.96 Now i need to do more repetitions on it to see if it always chainloads and figure out how to use my external monitor.
    Last edited by Rizzett; 10th December 2010 at 01:48 PM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by lingo124 View Post
    I have a question. Why is my gfx card so BAD LOL! Wtih integrated gfx on lowest settings for everything my laptop can pull off a steady 30fps. With my GTS450 PE4L the fps on the same settings jumps from red to green (~10 - ~100) like it just cycles up and down many times a second so my game ends up super laggy anyways. I have the vidcard displaying to an external monitor. what could be the problem?

Oh btw this was CounterStrike Source
    This could be problems I have been stating about stuttering. Seems to be Driver issues. Pretty much for me All source games are unplayable. Run MSI Afterburner, Confirm that it is low GPU usage... COMPLAIN TO NVIDIA. Also try running at higher settings to have higher GPU usage.
    Try the Quadro 265.90 drivers from laptopvideo2go website. Made BC2 playable, also made Heroes of Newerth 60 Fps with no more drops with V-sync on.

gtx gpu usage - Google Search

According to some people on this Forum they do not have any of these problems. I believe this has been mentioned before, but some people do not have problems with their GTX 460. Any tips?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ualwayslose View Post
    According to some people on this Forum they do not have any of these problems. I believe this has been mentioned before, but some people do not have problems with their GTX 460. Any tips?
    In the NVidia Control Panel -> Power Management, change from "Adaptive" to "Prefer Maximum Performance" to see if it makes any difference. You are also running an AMD chipset which might have some bearing on your results.

Switchable Graphics Guy

Quote Originally Posted by docusync View Post
    Natuis, for some reason when I restart the laptop, almost all elements from the NVidia Control Panel main menu (like PhysX, etc.) disappear. But PhysX is still working, the video card performance is always same... I have the full main menu when the 260.99 driver just installed (did it several times to make sure this is not a coincidence), but everything except of 4 major items will be gone as soon as I boot the laptop next time. Not sure why? Have I forgotten something in the INF file?
    I will check out your INF to see if I notice anything out of place.

I have 265.90 64bit Universal Optimus/Optimus Retrofit ready for testing. If anyone wants to try it PM me.
    Notebook Models: *(VPCZ122) Vaio Z* | (VGNZ590) Vaio Z | (VPCSC1) Vaio S. | My driver mods and packages @ LaptopVideo2Go
    Unofficial drivers/mods do not go through the same testing that officially released drivers do. Use them at your own risk!
    Please take time to thank the fantastic teams at Nvidia, and elsewhere, who put in so much work to program and put together the driver packages.

Notebook Enthusiast

I'll download the tests, and should have some benchmarking later today/early tomorrow about my implementation on Acer Aspire 6930.

Do i have to make changes on setup 1.x everytime i power the computer on? cause it doesn't seem to be working when i save it to the startup.bat file. I might find a way later, but now i'm just stress testing this thing out haha.

Thanks to Nando who did a little troubleshoot for me when i started this out yesterday!
    Last edited by Rizzett; 10th December 2010 at 07:54 PM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Reporting another result:

Lenovo X201 i5 M520
    4GB ram
    Asus GTS450
    x1 with Optimus

3dmark06 = 11835

**Strange problem**
    After installing the optimus drivers provided here, I can't enable aero when running off the card. Any others with this symptom?

Banned

Dell Latitude E43xx/E64xx/E65xx owner's request

It's been noted here that 36-bit PCI compaction has not been successful on these systems. My previous IGP relocation success was with Win7/32. So I've just loaded Win7/64 on an 4500MHD equipped 4GB Inspiron 1440, finding the following sequence would enable 36-bit allocation of the 4500MHD. Can an owner of one of these systems please test this sequence and report if this works for them?

1. Boot Win7/64.
    2. Uninstall the 4500MHD or Intel HD driver
    3. Boot Setup 1.x
    4. create pci.bat containing the following line which does a 36-bit relocation of the 4500MHD/HD to the 12GB boundary.
    Code:
    setpci -s 0:2.0 18.l=c 1c.l=3
    5. Run pci.bat and chainload win7
    Code:
    call pci.bat
    call grub4dos w7
    6. Allow Win7/64 to PNP the 4500MHD/HD.
    7. Reboot, again running Setup 1.x, doing steps 3-5 above.
    8. Confirm 4500MHD/HD is allocated to 36-bit space as shown.