Quantcast !!!Dell no longer providing OS disks and Resource CD's for consumer Win 7 systems!!! - Page 6

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Notebook Deity

Default Re: !!!Dell no longer providing OS disks and Resource CD's for consumer Win 7 systems!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SirRogers View Post
    Yup, I looked at all of those places. It was no where to be found. If it is required that they place it somewhere, then I guess the people who assembled it forgot to place it on. It seems like a very slim chance though.
    If there is no CoA, then contact Dell to have it shipped to you within a few days. If this time limit you give them has expired, contact Microsoft's piracy department
    Protect Yourself from Piracy

Michael

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: !!!Dell no longer providing OS disks and Resource CD's for consumer Win 7 systems!!!

Quote Originally Posted by michael_recycled View Post
    If there is no CoA, then contact Dell to have it shipped to you within a few days. If this time limit you give them has expired, contact Microsoft's piracy department
    Protect Yourself from Piracy

Michael
    Thanks Michael

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by booboo12 View Post
    Have you looked under the battery?
    yeah thanks, mine is under the battery

Notebook Evangelist

I made an ISO image and put it on a bootable flash drive. way more convenient and prefarable. Wasn't difficult to do either when following the instructions provided in that link.
    2010 DELL M6500 i7-920xm - 2x256 GB Samsung SSD - 16GB RAM
    2010 DELL M6500 i7-740qm - 250GB single platter HDD - 8GB RAM
    2009 MBP17 - 2.93GHz T9800 - Samsung 830 512GB SSD - Hitachi 500GB HDD in optibay - 8GB RAM
    2008 MBP15 - 2.4GHz - Hitachi 500GB HDD - 8GB RAM

Notebook Virtuoso

Just to let you know, this also affects Business systems as well. just found out today.
    Laptop/TabletPC : Dell Latitude D630/Venue 8 pro
    Phones: *lots of Windows Mobile phones* | Motorola Droid 1 | Motorola Droid 3

PortableDigest.com mobile reviewer - writer
    "It's like the Ross of app stores" ~Storyoho on BlackBerry App World

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by booboo12 View Post

To be clear though, was the disk you received a disk that only contained the OS, or was it just a image?

Thanks again,
    Ricky

yup!! fortunately mine was a OS only disk. I hate getting image disks... everytime you format, everything you removed is right back eating away your precious gigs..

And sorry for the delay in posting...was away

Notebook Consultant

This really isn't a big deal.

You can download the Windows 7 ISOs all over the internet and then just use your CD key.
    i7 920 @ 3.6ghz Cooler Master V8 - P6T Deluxe V2, 12GB Corsair DDR3, Antec 300, Corsair 850W PSU, Intel 80GB X25-m SSD G2, several TB for storage. 2408/2407WFP

Mobile: XPS M1330 - Apple iPhone 3GS

M11xR2

Notebook Deity

Well I guess I was wrong. While configuring a Latitude system it said computer will not ship with media and that it will cost $3 for the OS media. Although they are charging, at least it isn't too much.

Notebook Guru

i dont know about the crappy consumer ones but the business units i've been ordering come with em...

and you can still pay the extra 3$ to have the studios come with them

Average Joe

Disappointed. This is why I liked Dell over the years.

Oh well. One solution: Make sure you have a DVD burner and blank DVD media disc or two. Burn a legal copy of Win7 (check other forum threads for instructions), obtain your OEM registration key using key-grabbing software, and copy all your drivers onto an external.

EDIT: Forgot that there's a couple more steps. More instructions here. Pretty sure it works for Win7.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast