Quantcast !!!Dell no longer providing OS disks and Resource CD's for consumer Win 7 systems!!! - Page 5

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: !!!Dell no longer providing OS disks and Resource CD's for consumer Win 7 systems!!!

Uh oh. replacement just arrived & no OS disk. Have a call in. My i3 from the Outlet came with one. NEW i5 does not.

Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: !!!Dell no longer providing OS disks and Resource CD's for consumer Win 7 systems!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post
    Uh oh. replacement just arrived & no OS disk. Have a call in. My i3 from the Outlet came with one. NEW i5 does not.
    look's like you'll need to burn the disks then.
    Laptop/TabletPC : Dell Latitude D630/Venue 8 pro
    Phones: *lots of Windows Mobile phones* | Nexus 5

PortableDigest.com mobile reviewer - writer
    "It's like the Ross of app stores" ~Storyoho on BlackBerry App World

I'm a PC, so?

This is very unfortunate. Now I just hope Dell doesn't start adding all kinds of bloatware, like Lenovo or HP.
    Dell Latitude E4300 | Windows 7 Professional x64
    HP Mini 2102 | Ubuntu 11.10

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by booboo12 View Post
    look's like you'll need to burn the disks then.
    Used & able to keep OS disk that was included with refurbished laptop. Clean install went great.

Notebook Consultant

I just want to give people a heads up, Dell no longer even provides the Windows 7 license keys on the bottom of the notebook either. It was no where to be found on two of my Studio notebooks. Along with the missing OS cd.

Completely, utterely, BS if you ask me. Something I paid for but Dell gets to control how I use it.

Notebook Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by SirRogers View Post
    I just want to give people a heads up, Dell no longer even provides the Windows 7 license keys on the bottom of the notebook either. It was no where to be found on two of my Studio notebooks. Along with the missing OS cd.

Completely, utterely, BS if you ask me. Something I paid for but Dell gets to control how I use it.
    Have you looked under the battery? Inside the expansion door on the bottom? This information is required to be somewhere on the notebook IIRC.
    Laptop/TabletPC : Dell Latitude D630/Venue 8 pro
    Phones: *lots of Windows Mobile phones* | Nexus 5

PortableDigest.com mobile reviewer - writer
    "It's like the Ross of app stores" ~Storyoho on BlackBerry App World

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SirRogers View Post

Yeah me too.
    I received my Dell Studio 15 two days ago.

The only problem with the lack of a win 7 disk is that you cannot delete the partition Dell uses to store the software.

I usually delete all partitions and do a fresh install with the CD.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by awnewbie View Post
    The only problem with the lack of a win 7 disk is that you cannot delete the partition Dell uses to store the software.

I usually delete all partitions and do a fresh install with the CD.
    I always do the same.
    I buy a laptop from Dell and also a Windows license. So I want to control my laptop and the OS myself without someone tells me how and what to do.
    LATITUDE D830: T9500@2.8|4GB|500GB|DVD+/-RW|WinXP Pro/Win7 Ultimate x64
    INSPIRON 1720: 8600M GT|T7500|3GB|320GB|DVD+/-RW|Vista Home Premium
    Studio 1749: HD 5650 1GB|i7 620M|4GB|Win7 Home Premium x64
    XPS M1730: 8800M GTX SLI|X9000@3.8|4GB CAS4|640GB RAID 0|Ageia PhysX removed|Blu-Ray -RW|Vista/7 Ultimate x64 3DMark06 16465

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by booboo12 View Post
    Have you looked under the battery? Inside the expansion door on the bottom? This information is required to be somewhere on the notebook IIRC.
    Yup, I looked at all of those places. It was no where to be found. If it is required that they place it somewhere, then I guess the people who assembled it forgot to place it on. It seems like a very slim chance though.