Quantcast Dell International Warranty?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default Dell International Warranty?

Sorry if this has already been asked.
    I'll be staying in Asia (China, Japan, Korea) for an extended period and I was wondering if I can get at-home/ on-site warranty service. According to Dell's website, service is available in these countries.

However, which warranty do I need to purchase to get international at-home service? Do all automatically provide international warranties that are on-site?

Dell Home: 1,2, or 3 year at-home service plan?

Dell SB: 1, 2, or 3 year on-site economy plan or business mobility plan?

Thanks

Notebook Prophet

Default Re: Dell International Warranty?

I'm not really sure which warranty it would be. I think it is the 3 year on SB and 4 year on Dell home, but I didn't find any proof that on the website.
    I did find this number to call if you have questions about which warranty you might need: 1-800-388-2179 (might be small business)

Notebook Geek

Quote Originally Posted by thetick97
    Sorry if this has already been asked.
    I'll be staying in Asia (China, Japan, Korea) for an extended period and I was wondering if I can get at-home/ on-site warranty service. According to Dell's website, service is available in these countries.

However, which warranty do I need to purchase to get international at-home service? Do all automatically provide international warranties that are on-site?

Dell Home: 1,2, or 3 year at-home service plan?

Dell SB: 1, 2, or 3 year on-site economy plan or business mobility plan?

Thanks
    Just make sure that your unit is also sold in the country you are going.
    In Dell forums, most of the answer to your question is you need to buy 3 year Next Business Day service but like SG said, it's best to ask Dell whether you need to get 3yrs. NBD or the existing is ok.

BTW, don't forget to submit the form before you go to Asia and let Dell agree with it first (that they are notified and aware) by submitting the Unit Location Transfer form.

It says:
    Unit Location Transfer (International)

Used to transfer ownership of and service and support on your system to another party or to another country.

This form should be completed and submitted to Dell whenever a unit is being physically transferred from one country to another, and may or may not involve a transfer of ownership. There will be no additional cost for the transfer of NBD (next business day) service contracts to countries with whom Dell does direct business; however, there may be additional costs for same day contracts. In addition, transfers can only be completed to countries in which Dell normally does business. For more information about indirect countries in Europe click here and for Asia Pacific click here.

Not all contract types may be available for transfer outside of purchase region.
    For questions about other service offerings or countries please contact a Dell account representative.
    More in http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topi...=19&l=en&s=dhs

That is for non-resellers which means home or personal user.

Notebook Consultant

Thanks for all the help. I finally located the Dell link about international warranty. Looks like I do have to purchase at least a 3 year plan in order to have a warranty while traveling abroad.
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topi...s&~section=001