Quantcast ***-->The Official Dell Adamo Thread<--*** - Page 13

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Notebook Prophet

Default Re: ***-->The *Unofficial* Dell Adamo 13 Thread<--***

I don't know if it will be that high, probably more along the lines of 1368x768.
    Looking for a new laptop? Try the Dell Outlet Coupon Thread!

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by atbnet View Post
    I don't know if it will be that high, probably more along the lines of 1368x768.
    Sony has a 1600x900 screen in the Vaio Z, so I hope it's the same.

Notebook Enthusiast

1600x900 makes for too short a screen - the Vaio Z is quite oddly designed. From the pictures we've seen, the Adamo is sticking to a more sane form factor. More importantly, what about the video card? Do you guys thing it's going to be just another Intel integrated?

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Vash Aurion View Post
    1600x900 makes for too short a screen - the Vaio Z is quite oddly designed. From the pictures we've seen, the Adamo is sticking to a more sane form factor. More importantly, what about the video card? Do you guys thing it's going to be just another Intel integrated?
    Or maybe an Nvidia GeForce 9400M, such as the new Macbook Air.
    Francesc Felipe "Felip"
    Laptop: Dell Studio 1537 (Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 2 GHz, 3 GB RAM DDR2, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450, 250 GB HD 5400 rpm)
    Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3.5 GHz, 4 GB RAM DDR2, ATI Radeon HD 5770@950/1350 (Sapphire Vapor-X), 750 GB HD 7200 rpm, 22" HP monitor 1680x1050.
    Cita previa

Anathema

Times like these, I wish we had some spec's or something
    I still remain positive that this lappy' is gonna just Rock!

Cin

Notebook Evangelist

I've been following the Adamo for quite some time now, in the hopes that it will provide some competition for Apple in the "It is pretty, but also functional" spectrum. As it stands currently, I can't see buying anything else but a MacBook Pro when the Core i5 revisions arrive. I'm hoping the Adamo can change that, as I hate Apple's corporate mentality and business practices.

Launching later this year, I really hope the Adamo contains a Core i3/5/7 processor and a 9400-or-better quality graphics card. I've become annoyed with intel integrated, and even my Atom powered Asus N10j has a dedicated 9300 GS 256 included. If the Adamo can do all this at a pricepoint equal or less than the MacBook Air/Pro, maybe other companies will finally "get it" that Apple shouldn't be the only ones making sleek, sexy machines instead of plastic crap.

Notebook Enthusiast

I would imagine the first Adamo is going to be non-core i7 since the Calpella chips aren't out until late this year. But I think it's safe to assume that if the Adamo brand is still around towards the end of the year, we'll see some pretty sick chips inside them.

Anathema

I would imagine the first Adamo is going to be non-core i7 since the Calpella chips aren't out until late this year. But I think it's safe to assume that if the Adamo brand is still around towards the end of the year, we'll see some pretty sick chips inside them.
    Yep....And, I'm expecting the Adamo 13 to be around for a *minimum* of a year! Now where's that release!

Cin

Notebook Enthusiast

From some other stuff I've read, the Adamo 13 should be out before March (I can't find the article again, though...), especially considering that Dell put up a site for the Adamo with enough pretension to rival Sony. That said, there are a lot of articles saying that the machine won't go into mass production until the second half of the year. An explanation is that they will be selling Adamo 13s soon, but these will be premium items, whereas the more mainstream Adamo computers will come out in Q2.

I don't know why no one has done this... but assuming the resolution seen here in this image is native:
    http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/40094.jpg

Then, you can figure out that the resolution is 1366x768.

With some middle (elementary?) school math...
    the image there is showing the homepage of notebookreview.com, which is about 900px in width... with some fractions fun, you can get the 1366px width. I did the same thing using the side menu to verify the height.

I'm hoping that's not the native resolution in that picture... otherwise this lcd kind of stinks...