Quantcast M1210 battery not charging...

Closed Thread

Default M1210 battery not charging...

Hi all...
    I have had my X1210 for around 1.5 year and I love it !! Very powerfull, nice design and small enough to be carried everywhere easily...
    But for couple of month now the battery does not charge... I can use it but only plug to the sector. The battery went slowly to 0% and cannot charge anymore...
    Does anybody knows what's happening ? I bought a brand new battery but still... same problem... it does not come from the battery...
    HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Notebook Deity

Default Re: M1210 battery not charging...

Possibly your power adapter. My cousin has a 1501 and it is doing the exact same thing, he tried his brothers power adapter and it charged for once.

Greg
    Dell Latitude E6400
    P8400 - 4Gb DDR2-800 - Windows 7 Pro - WLED WXGA+ - Backlit Keyboard - Intel X4500 - 128Gb Samsung SSD - 7k500 - Webcam - 6 Cell - Dell 1397 B/G - B/T

Yes I am better than you!

There could also be a problem with the motherboard which is preventing the battery from charging.

I'm guessing you didn't buy Complete Care?

Complete care ? Is it a full support for life ? I assume that after 1y, any garanty has expired... I am going to try to buy a new power adapter... I read somewhere (http://peoria.craigslist.org/cps/595808293.html) that it may come from the DC jack and it just this part to be replaced...
    Is it possible ?

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre_ View Post
    Hi all...
    I have had my X1210 for around 1.5 year and I love it !! Very powerfull, nice design and small enough to be carried everywhere easily...
    But for couple of month now the battery does not charge... I can use it but only plug to the sector. The battery went slowly to 0% and cannot charge anymore...
    Does anybody knows what's happening ? I bought a brand new battery but still... same problem... it does not come from the battery...
    HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    if your lithium ion cells were drained under 3.7 volts per cell they will just not charge anymore. to test this you can take a voltmeter and look at your battery. there should be a bunch of metal pins. one should be labeled positive the rest negative. hold the red on the positive then test the black on each of the negative terminals. if one reads 3.7 volts or less then your batteries fried
    Stephen Sampson

Dell XPS M1530

-Intel T7700 2.4GHz
    -3GB DDR2 667MHz
    -256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
    -Windows XP Professional (vista transformation pack)
    -250GB SATA Drive
    -Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card
    -85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
    -Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0+Enhanced Data Rate)

Hi Stephen. Thank you for your help. But I bought a second abttery and it still does not charge. They are now 0% so I don't think I will be abble to see any tension. Or are you talking of the tension at the back of the laptop ?

Yes I am better than you!

Complete Care = warranty coverage from Dell (usually 3 or 4 years) which will cover just about anything that happens to your laptop including accidental damage.

If it's the DC jack, some people have tried replacing it themselves however ended up with problems again later which resulted in needing the entire motherboard replaced.