Quantcast Blinking blue light on 1520

Closed Thread
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Blinking blue light on 1520

Greetings and Happy Holidays - I have had my 1520 for about a month now - and like it alot. One thing though - lately I noticed that it seems to be going on stand-by or something even though I shut it down. The blue charging light on the right side blinks after it is shutdown (I have tried both XP and Vista - its a dual-booter). Before - the light would stay on with a steady blue until it finished charging the battery - then the light would go off. Am I losing my mind or do I have a problem? Thanks
    Acer Aspire 1410 - Acer Aspire 3810 - Acer AO 532H - Asus N81Vp - Dell XPS 1530 - Dell XPS 1640 - Dell Studio 1555 - H-P tm2t - Gateway P-6860FX - Sony Vaio CW (Red) Slowly, sadly, getting out of the laptop business iPhone and HTC Desire are much easier to carry around.

Notebook Deity

Default Re: Blinking blue light on 1520

Isn't that the light showing it is sleeping or hibernating?

Notebook Prophet

Are you sure you are shutting down and not going to standby? To shut down in vista you have to click the little arrow to the right to select shut down. The power button looking button is actually standby.

Notebook Evangelist

Thanks for your replies - I'm almost certain that I am shutting it down - and interestingly - it just did it after shutting it down from XP. I hate to say this but this didn't happen until after I installed XP and set it up as a dual-booter. Its kinda frustrating because I disconnect it to store and lock it in my wall locker - then when I connect it and boot it up its usually sitting at roughly 95% charge. I'm concerned that I might be shortening the life of the battery by charging it from 95 to full each day. Not locking it up is not an option given the desert-ish environment where I'm currently working.
    Acer Aspire 1410 - Acer Aspire 3810 - Acer AO 532H - Asus N81Vp - Dell XPS 1530 - Dell XPS 1640 - Dell Studio 1555 - H-P tm2t - Gateway P-6860FX - Sony Vaio CW (Red) Slowly, sadly, getting out of the laptop business iPhone and HTC Desire are much easier to carry around.

Notebook Deity

Usually this happens when you put your laptop to either standby or sleep.... Make sure your power options are set properly in Windows if you are using the power button to turn off the laptop.....
    ASUS UX32VD-DB71
    13.3" 1080p :: Ivy Bridge i7-3517 :: 10GB DDR3 1600 :: nVidia 620M 1GB :: 500 GB HDD + 32 GB SSD
    openSUSE 12.2

Notebook Consultant

Charging light(third light from top to bottom) will blink when battery is charging, no matter if laptop is on or off. If you disconnect the power supply, the light should stop blinking.

I'm pretty sure the light that blinks when on standby is the IO one(the top one) and not the charging one(unless of course it's charging up).

Can you double check wich one is blinking?
    Last edited by daniel_g; 26th December 2007 at 07:42 AM.
    if it was on the internet, it would have smiley faces!

Notebook Deity

I've noticed what the OP describes too.. The battery light will blink every now and then when the battery is at 100%.. At first was like "damnit my mobo ain't mess is it?!" - But I haven't had any issues so I ignore it.