Quantcast Dell Laptop Fan Speed and System Monitor Software

Closed Thread
    Notebook Guru

Default Dell Laptop Fan Speed and System Monitor Software

I recently got a i9300. I was playing a game on it and noticed it seemed a little hotter than I would like. Now I do not know what temps Dell has the fans set to kick on, but it was pretty hot on my legs. I already had a software installed to monitor tempeture and that said it was 55 degress Celcius.

So I decided that I was going to look on the internet for a software that would let me decide when to turn the fans on and at what speed. Well I found one and thought I would share it with you all.

First of all I want to thank Christian Diefer for making such a cool software.

Here is the link http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/

It does not state that it works with the i9300 but it seems to work good with mine.

And as the website states:
    Disclaimer:
    By using this software you are changing the thermal management of your DELL notebook. This program is not supported by DELL, so any damage caused by this program is not covered by the warranty. YOU'RE USING THIS PROGRAM AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Dell Ispiron 9300
    Pentium M 1.8
    1024MB DDR2
    Go6800 256MB

Notebook Consultant

quote:
    Originally posted by EricM
    [br]I recently got a i9300. I was playing a game on it and noticed it seemed a little hotter than I would like. Now I do not know what temps Dell has the fans set to kick on, but it was pretty hot on my legs. I already had a software installed to monitor tempeture and that said it was 55 degress Celcius.

So I decided that I was going to look on the internet for a software that would let me decide when to turn the fans on and at what speed. Well I found one and thought I would share it with you all.

First of all I want to thank Christian Diefer for making such a cool software.

Here is the link http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/

It does not state that it works with the i9300 but it seems to work good with mine.

And as the website states:
    Disclaimer:
    By using this software you are changing the thermal management of your DELL notebook. This program is not supported by DELL, so any damage caused by this program is not covered by the warranty. YOU'RE USING THIS PROGRAM AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Dell Ispiron 9300
    Pentium M 1.8
    1024MB DDR2
    Go6800 256MB

I use it.

If you are using it and changing it so your fans come on at a lower temperature you are actually probably prolonging the life of everything on your 9300 except maybe the fans. But if those go out sooner because of more use, it would probably be the cheapest thing to replace.

I actually have mine set to have the GPU fan running on full anytime I am gaming and the CPU fan to stay on low unless it gets over 50C. Seems to work well that way for me.

Tim

Dell Inspiron 9300, Pentium M 1.86GHz, 1GB 533MHz DDR2, 256MB nVidia GeForce Go 6800, 17" LG WUXGA+, 60GB HDD (7200rpm), DVD+-RW