Quantcast "blotchy" screen on 9300

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default "blotchy" screen on 9300

Just got my 9300 and I really like it alot- got the UXGA "true life" and I like it a lot as far as brightness etc, but it is EXTREMEMLY "blotchy" especially on the bottom. I have noticable darkened spots that kind of "fan out" from the bottom- and pretty much all the way across the bottom. Has anyone else experienced this? It is kind of annoying on a new computer. Other than that I give it a solid 9 out of 10 for the money. And the keyboard is even better than I thought!

Notebook Geek

Did you give the computer some time to adjust to the temperature in your home? I don't know where you are, but I have been told it's important to let it sit a while before firing it up.

If so, you probably have a defective monitor. Send 'er back!

[9300 with Pentium M 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 256MB NVIDIA 6800 GeForce Go graphics, 17" LPL WUXGA+ TrueLife display, 60GB HD, CD-+RW/DVD-+RW, Windows XP Professional, etc.]

Notebook Deity

quote:
    Originally posted by 330zhp
    [br]Just got my 9300 and I really like it alot- got the UXGA "true life" and I like it a lot as far as brightness etc, but it is EXTREMEMLY "blotchy" especially on the bottom. I have noticable darkened spots that kind of "fan out" from the bottom- and pretty much all the way across the bottom. Has anyone else experienced this? It is kind of annoying on a new computer. Other than that I give it a solid 9 out of 10 for the money. And the keyboard is even better than I thought!

330zhp,
    It's heart. See I was sure I had just read this right before you posted to me about the Sony. I still wish you all the best and believe with a display that's not defective (TrueLife only) you'll have the best of both!

Heart [][][]

Karma,It'll Get You!