Quantcast Tried your 1520's headphone jack? - Page 14

View Poll Results: Does your 1520's headphone jack transmit hard drive/internal laptop distortion/feedback?

Voters
332. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

244 73.49%
  • No

88 26.51%
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Tried your 1520's headphone jack?

Quote Originally Posted by coperi View Post
    Thanks for the info clester but I do not have that many headphones laying around I guess I will have to talk to dell about this I was checking the Dell forums but I only found 1 post about this problem. Maybe if all these people would post over on the dell forum they will look into it and try to find a fix.

P.S. The guy that had this problem over on the dell forum sent his laptop in (1520) and was return with the same problem.
    Yeah, people should start posting over there. When I called dell and told them about my problem, the tech tried to reassure me that it was not that widespread of a problem. All I wanted to do was avoid the call tag of checking every component, and mailing in my system for them not to fix it b4 they give me a working solution. I'm sure the techs there have got to know about this by now, I think he was just giving me the run around, or at least going through the motions.
    1520 Jet Black
    T7300, 2GB, WSXGA
    256MB 8600GT, 160GB 7200RPM
    Wireless-N, Camera and Bluetooth
    My 1st Laptop for 1322.72 aft. tax

Notebook Evangelist

rmclock fixes this problem easily. no one should be returning their 1520 because of an interference problem that can be fixed in a matter of seconds.
    Dell Inspiron 1520 Ruby Red
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/4MB cache)
    2GB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2
    160GB (5400RPM) SATA HDD
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT
    15.4" High Resolution display (1440x900)
    Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

Ordered July 9th
    Build from 7/9 - 8/13
    Boxing from 8/13 ---8/20
    SHIPPED 8/20
    Received 8/21!

Banned

If rmclock can fix the problem, a software update of some sort by dell has to be able to fix it. Why aren't they releasing anything.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by farelli09 View Post
    rmclock fixes this problem easily. no one should be returning their 1520 because of an interference problem that can be fixed in a matter of seconds.

It's everybody's perogative to return (withing the 21 days or so), if they feel there is a fault. This is a fault. A third party program should NOT be required. These are not cheap items, it's not pocket change for some of us, and we want a working system. Oh and the rmclock fix doesn't work for everyone apparrently.

I agree there needs to be a fix. from Dell. A little corporate responisibilty, fess up and fix it. and if not, allow returns.

Notebook Deity

Thanks for the info clester but I do not have that many headphones laying around I guess I will have to talk to dell about this I was checking the Dell forums but I only found 1 post about this problem. Maybe if all these people would post over on the dell forum they will look into it and try to find a fix.

P.S. The guy that had this problem over on the dell forum sent his laptop in (1520) and was return with the same problem.
    http://www.dellcommunity.com/support...hread.id=35208

Notebook Enthusiast

Yes Duke that is the exact same thread I saw you can see that I posted one for my Vostro, I really like my computer I do not want to be picky but if anyone has heard this noise it is like some kind of torture.

P.S. I will try the Rmclock solution, will this software (rmclock) affect any other parts of my computer or other tasks like gaming, streaming video, VOIP or any other applications?

Notebook Evangelist

Yes Duke that is the exact same thread I saw you can see that I posted one for my Vostro, I really like my computer I do not want to be picky but if anyone has heard this noise it is like some kind of torture.

P.S. I will try the Rmclock solution, will this software (rmclock) affect any other parts of my computer or other tasks like gaming, streaming video, VOIP or any other applications?
    i used the settings for my s96s which HAD the same high pitched TEEEEEEE noise. Disabling c4 state either through bios or rm clock will shutdown the noise completely(if u r using the rmclock version that i posted earlier). On the negative side, disabling c4 state will decrease some of your battery life. However, for me, i disabled the c4state for 2days and when i enabled c4state back on, the noise minimized to the extent where i have to literally put my ears to the keyboard(a vast improvement!). So now i have everything working perfectly.

You guys w/ the same problem can take my info into consideration. Just try, if not return your dell1520.
    cheers
    ASUS S96S(aka TURBO Charged Porsche) T7100 santa rosa
    2GB corsair memory
    8600GS
    120GB HItachi 5400rpm
    Windows 7

Bought from Exotic PC

Notebook Enthusiast

Thank you very very much satdog I will definitely try these 2 options before I return the computer I really like it and would hate to have to wait another week for me to have a computer.

P.S. I will post later on today to see if this fixed I want to try all options before calling Dell.

Sanath Jaya Suriya!!!

I don't see how disabling certain states of the processor should even come into consideration. This is not a problem with the processor but Dell's Inspiron/Vostro design... faulty laptops should be returned to Dell so that they are forced to find a fix. Why settle for less processor than you ordered by limiting its states? The best thing about the Core 2 Duo is the lowest clock states it can run to maximize battery life...

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by praneeth View Post
    I don't see how disabling certain states of the processor should even come into consideration. This is not a problem with the processor but Dell's Inspiron/Vostro design... faulty laptops should be returned to Dell so that they are forced to find a fix. Why settle for less processor than you ordered by limiting its states? The best thing about the Core 2 Duo is the lowest clock states it can run to maximize battery life...
    i agree. however, when they r putting product on the market, it should be a collective effort to make sure that the product is 100% problem free. FYI, this is not a new problem, most of the HP are infected with this(new and old models). DOES THIS RING A BELL GUYS. We are being cheated and we have to put up with this. HP even released an official statement on this saying it is normal and will happen when the computer is trying to save battery during low voltage states. TOTAL BULL CRAP
    ASUS S96S(aka TURBO Charged Porsche) T7100 santa rosa
    2GB corsair memory
    8600GS
    120GB HItachi 5400rpm
    Windows 7

Bought from Exotic PC