Quantcast D630 Bluetooth Upgrade

Closed Thread

Default D630 Bluetooth Upgrade

Hi everybody. I ordered my D630 without bluetooth but have since decided that I would like to have it. I've searched the forums and looked around on the Dell website but can't find any information about adding an internal bluetooth card to my new D630. Will the 350 card for the D620 work? Does Dell make this sort of upgrade available later on?

Any help would be appreciated. I have a USB Bluetooth adaptor for my desktop that I can use in a pinch, and I know I can get a PC Card, but if I can add the internal one I'd like to go that route. I saw where it plugs in when I upgraded my RAM but just can't find the part.

Thanks!

Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: D630 Bluetooth Upgrade

DELL Wireless 350/355 Module was the earlier model they used in almost all their Inspiron, XPS and Latitude notebooks. But I noticed that D630 uses a newer model : Wireless 360 . I donít know whether the earlier model will work or not; but I think 360 will soon be available after more notebook models using it come out (like the new inspiron E1520, E1720 and XPS M1330 etc.) Give it some time.

PLease help me about bluetooth 360 of D630 . I use Vista Ultimate SP1 but bluetooth blue led can not turn on , I cannot pair with any bluetooth device even thought got lastest bluetooth driver from Dell ( the switch turned on all time , Bios AO8 and bluetooth enable, the blue tooth icon in task bar is ok . Please help me

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by batteryone View Post
    PLease help me about bluetooth 360 of D630 . I use Vista Ultimate SP1 but bluetooth blue led can not turn on , I cannot pair with any bluetooth device even thought got lastest bluetooth driver from Dell ( the switch turned on all time , Bios AO8 and bluetooth enable, the blue tooth icon in task bar is ok . Please help me
    Dell told me that Vista has a different bluetooth module? Call Dell and Double check!!