Quantcast Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread - Page 871

+ Reply to Thread
Page 871 of 937 FirstFirst ... 371771821861867868869870871872873874875881921 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,710 of 9370
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

  1. #8701
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Windows 8 help

    Quote Originally Posted by pmday2013 View Post
    WINDOWS 8 HELP!!!

    I recently upgraded my L702x XPS 17 to Windows 8 (yesterday). It works fine except that I cannot disable the auto dimming for the screen. I have it on max brightness, and then I switch over to a darker program or website and the screen slowly dims. When I switch over to a white program, the screen slowly brightens. This is a problem at night when I want to have a uniform brightness with both white and black pages, as I am constantly switching between the two. Is there a solution to this?

    I have already tried to set the power options to max performance, changed the "Adaptave brightness" feature to off???

    Help!!!
    you have to change/turn off power saving feature of intel gpu

  2. #8702
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Windows 8 help

    Fantastic!!! Think this has fixed the problem!!!

  3. #8703
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

    For those of you concerned about their non-3D L702X having only two DIMM slots... don't be. Based on my personal experience and research it seems the L702X, with an updated BIOS, has no issues running two 8GB DIMMs. I'm running two Corsair "Value" 8GB DDR3 DIMMS and have had no issues so far (been using for two months). Here's the link to the RAM I bought off Amazon: Amazon.com: Corsair 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SODIMM Memory Kit (CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9): Computers & Accessories

    Cheers,
    _sP_

  4. #8704
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

    link to glary utilities. ninite.com doesnt have it

  5. #8705
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hovik Norway
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubloo View Post
    link to glary utilities. ninite.com doesnt have it
    |MG| Glary Utilities 2.50.0.1632 Download
    XMG P722 Radeon HD 7970M CF 7-3740QM 16GB CORSAIR VEGEANCE M4 256SSD

  6. #8706
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

    There seems to be an issue with QuickSet and Windows 8
    In windows 7 there are about 20 settings for brightness in windows 8 only 10 settings.

    I installed Quickset for Windows7 and now it skips forward by two steps by it goes backwards by one step.

    Also I cannot disable touchpad - the small light comes up however touch pad is still usable

    Quickset seems to be buggy right now

  7. #8707
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hovik Norway
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by m112 View Post
    There seems to be an issue with QuickSet and Windows 8
    In windows 7 there are about 20 settings for brightness in windows 8 only 10 settings.

    I installed Quickset for Windows7 and now it skips forward by two steps by it goes backwards by one step.

    Also I cannot disable touchpad - the small light comes up however touch pad is still usable

    Quickset seems to be buggy right now
    windows 8 dont have the synaptics driver for the touchpad so quickset canot handle the windows driver
    XMG P722 Radeon HD 7970M CF 7-3740QM 16GB CORSAIR VEGEANCE M4 256SSD

  8. #8708
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by _sP_ View Post
    For those of you concerned about their non-3D L702X having only two DIMM slots... don't be. Based on my personal experience and research it seems the L702X, with an updated BIOS, has no issues running two 8GB DIMMs. I'm running two Corsair "Value" 8GB DDR3 DIMMS and have had no issues so far (been using for two months). Here's the link to the RAM I bought off Amazon: Amazon.com: Corsair 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SODIMM Memory Kit (CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9): Computers & Accessories

    Cheers,
    _sP_

    Just getting my new purchase set up and wonder which version of the BIOS are you using?

  9. #8709
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallias View Post
    Just getting my new purchase set up and wonder which version of the BIOS are you using?
    Any of the more recent BIOSes should work but I'm using A18.

  10. #8710
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Dell XPS 17 (L702x) Thread

    i just got my laptop back from from complete care because they replaced my lcd. But now I'm getting the annoying automatic brightness changing? I made sure the power saving option is unchecked in the intel graphics properties but the brightness still keeps changing automatically?

    EDIT: Also, this automatic brightness changing still happens when the laptop is plugged in.
    Last edited by xdmds; 31st October 2012 at 12:37 AM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1