Quantcast Dell Webcam Console

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Us Dell Webcam Console

I cannot get Dell Webcam Console to launch. Dell Webcam Manager Works fine, Dell Webcam Center Works fine, the Webcam is functional, but still the Dell Webcam Console will not launch. I reinstalled the drivers, I reinstalled the programs from the disc that came with my computer, but all for nothing because I still can't get the dang thing to launch! It's very annoying to not be able to move the camera or enable face tracking.
    My XPS m1330 worked fine before my big fiasco with the motherboard getting fried (Motherboard has been replaced), and I also installed Windows XP.
    Suggestions?

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Dell Webcam Console

I found the answer here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/arch.../t-198348.html

I had to change terminal services to automatic and now it works fine.

How do you change terminal services to automatic?

JSUTAONHTERBIRCKINTEHWLAL

Quote Originally Posted by timjonesNL View Post
    How do you change terminal services to automatic?
    Start > Run > services.msc > terminal services > right click and change it to 'automatic'.
    Dell XPS M1530 | C2D T9500 2.60GHz | 15.4 Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) | 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM | 320GB SATA | 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT | Windows 7 Ultimate

Ca Re: Dell Webcam Console

thanks for the help re: terminal services - unfortunately this did not fix the problem with respect to the webcam console - it appears to be running when I start it (it appears in the windows task bar) - but it will not restore - any thoughts?

JSUTAONHTERBIRCKINTEHWLAL

thanks for the help re: terminal services - unfortunately this did not fix the problem with respect to the webcam console - it appears to be running when I start it (it appears in the windows task bar) - but it will not restore - any thoughts?
    Stop it from running at start up!!

you could do this from start > run > msconfig
    Dell XPS M1530 | C2D T9500 2.60GHz | 15.4 Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) | 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM | 320GB SATA | 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT | Windows 7 Ultimate

Thanks Fondue Kid - I guess I wasn't clear - when I try to run the Webcam Console, it doesn't open - it appears in the taskbar but I can't get it to open from there - it's like it's in permanent 'minimize'

Jp Re: Dell Webcam Console

Thanks Fondue Kid - I guess I wasn't clear - when I try to run the Webcam Console, it doesn't open - it appears in the taskbar but I can't get it to open from there - it's like it's in permanent 'minimize'
    hi timjonesnl, i have the same problem... the dell webcam console starts and appears on my taskbar but it's invisible. i cant configure my camera and now im stuck in the mirror effect setting.
    were you able to remedy this trouble? if so, please tell me... im dying here....
    much thanks!